Talk

Advanced search

Going from 2 to 3 DC is bloody hard isn't it?

(11 Posts)
fannybanjo Sat 22-Aug-09 22:01:45

The past 6 months of my life have been what I would call a slog, please tell me of wise mothers of 3 children that it will get easier!

bogwobbit Sat 22-Aug-09 22:09:32

Course it'll get easier....as long as you don';t decide to have no. 4.

Ceolas Sat 22-Aug-09 22:10:44

I do remember the first 6 months of 3 being particularly hard. It will get easier soon.

plonker Sat 22-Aug-09 22:15:26

It does get easier, hang on in there smile

MuddlingThru Sat 22-Aug-09 22:24:32

Yup. 1st 6 months hard slog. Next 6 months coming out of the fog, bit more predictable so easier to try and please some of the dc some of the time. Am hopeful it will continue to get easier (ds1 starts school in 2 weeks, dd qualifies for nursery vouchers in Jan, ds2 can go to local playschool next Sept, etc...)

IlanaK Sat 22-Aug-09 22:28:01

I found the first 6 months very difficult. From then on it got easier a bit at a time. Ds3 is now 13 months and it has been lovely for a few months now. So much so that we are thinking of having a fourth!

PinkTulips Sat 22-Aug-09 22:44:52

I have to say i've not found it too traumatic, although the constant 24/7 demands on my attention are starting to wear thin now at 6 months.

Think i've been very lucky with regards to how well my older two took to ds2 though, can imagine it would have been very differant if they'd been jealous or resentful

fannybanjo Sat 22-Aug-09 23:17:04

My main problem is DD1 (6) who has always been a hanful but hasn't taken very well to 2 babies arriving in 16 months. Just stopped BF DD3 and that seems to have helped (although I am gutted, wanted to carry on longer) as in I have a bit more time to spend with eldest two.

I just find it is chaos from the minute I wake to the minute they are in bed. I feel like a dog chasing its tail!

Thanks for all your encouragement though, I don't know many crazy people in real life who have more than 2!

PacificDogwood Sat 22-Aug-09 23:20:32

I obviously did not find it too bad...hmm (expecting DS4 grin)

I think a lot will depend on age gaps and how the older two take to the new addition. Are the first 36 6 months not always hard? Personally, I found the step from 1 to 2 harder, but there was only 12 months between them.

Repeat after me (MN mantra): this too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass....

smile

Denny185 Sat 22-Aug-09 23:20:41

cant remember the first 6 months of DD2's life, kind of a zombie like state. She's a year and a half now with the other 2 being 3 and 7 and its completely different.

Still hard in different ways but sooooo much better

mamafox Sun 23-Aug-09 04:27:16

ds is only 6wks old, not finding it too much of a stress so far, he's a very relaxed baby. dd1 (7yrs) and dd2 (3.5yrs) are still managing to push our buttons but they would do that regardless of whether they had a brother or not I think the age gaps we have make a difference, I only have one 'baby', and the girls love to help with their brother, when dd1 wants to cuddle him or give him a bottle, I let her! I'm sure life will all that busier though when ds is older and I have to start taking him to daycare/school/sports etc, but for now it's all good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now