loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sucking hands - sore skin!

(8 Posts)
RuthN Sat 28-May-05 21:13:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bibiboo Sun 29-May-05 15:01:10

Try plastering his hands in sudocrem or something similar when he's sleeping, so at least the skin heals a little.

If he's a really suck baby, would you consider giving him a dumy? We vowed dd would never have one, but she sucked her fingers so much she got sucking blisters, so now she has one to send her off to sleep and she's given up finger sucking totally.

HTH

bibiboo Sun 29-May-05 15:01:44

that should have read "sucky baby" not "suck baby"

RuthN Sun 29-May-05 20:39:55

charleepeters Sun 29-May-05 20:42:36

my ds sucks his fist and has sore spots on his hands, he would never take a dummy however much we tried hes now 9 months and i think sucking his hand is a comforter for him as hes never had a blanky ora dummy or a certain toy for a comforter. his hands get sore and hes to big for scratch mits to keep his little hands safe, but as long as you dry his hands when there wet, pat them rather than rubbing them dry and apply sudo cream when hes slepping he should be ok.

bibiboo Sun 29-May-05 20:53:00

Sorry to go on about dummies, but what kind of teat did it have? It's just that the shape might have been wrong. We tried the flatish ones and the orthodontically shaped ones (one side flat, one side rounded) and dd would take neither. I think as they were so similar to her bottle teats she got confused and a bit cross when no milk came out!
However, the cherry-teat ones (nice round ones) she took to straight away.

I hope you find a solution soon!

RuthN Sun 29-May-05 21:06:44

pesme Sun 29-May-05 21:35:07

Hi

I have this problem with dd sucking her thumb. I shove some vaseline on it now and again and that seems to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now