Talk

Advanced search

Good £5 present for 1st birthday?

(10 Posts)
cat811 Fri 21-Aug-09 18:07:26

Our antenatal group is having a joint first birthday party, with a 'secret santa' style present giving-the budget is £5. has anyone got any good ideas for a present that a 1 year old would like for this amount? (pref unisex)
Thanks!

Katisha Fri 21-Aug-09 18:09:26

Well it's not something the child would be thrilled with on the day, but you could get one of those £5 commemorative coins from the Royal Mint (post office do them) or other shiny presentation currency?

Then the parents have to put it somewhere for safekeeping and not lose it of course...

Biglips Fri 21-Aug-09 18:09:27

do u have a home bargains nearby you? as they have really good bargains in there

GossipMonger Fri 21-Aug-09 18:10:01

elc

blowninonabreeze Fri 21-Aug-09 18:13:17

All babies I know love these tomy eggs

They're fab (and so cheap) My DD1 (3.4) still loves them as does DD2 (1.4) and any other child visiting this house!

BertieBotts Fri 21-Aug-09 18:15:59

We are doing this as well At the moment I'm torn between getting a fun book with feely patches or something for in the bath.

blowninonabreeze Fri 21-Aug-09 18:16:46

just noticed they're out of stock on that link sorry blush but if you google them, you find loads of sites that sell them. We got ours in toys r us (although I think they were about £6 there

GreenPenguin Sat 22-Aug-09 22:35:12

Go on Amazon and look at chunky jigsaws. They're three-piece wooden puzzles - ladybird is good.
OR - a book. Something with flaps (ooo-er).

Ponders Sat 22-Aug-09 22:45:33

this ducky mobile is cute (there's a train one too)

(not a toy though...mums might like it more!)

boyraiser Sat 22-Aug-09 22:54:04

Stacking cups
Tesco plastic little cars
Juggling balls
bottles of poster paint/finger paint
sketch pads and/or crayons
CD of nursery rhymes (or burn-your-own)
book

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now