Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible for them to drink too much ??

(6 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Wed 19-Aug-09 17:53:56

DD has always drank a lot of water (as soon as we finished bf'ing). She's now 2.3 and usually gets through about 4-5 full "sippy" cups a day (so about 800-1000 ml).

Its never really bothered me but now I'm thinking of potty training and obviously she wees a lot and her poos are also quite sloppy (sorry tmi). I also wondered whether I ought to get her checked out to make sure its not a symptom of anything else (she's seems perfectly healthy though, so I think not).

So .... does she drinks loads more than the "average" ? Should I just let her be and deal with the potentially messier than normal potty training ? I don't really like the idea of restricting her drinks but assume cutting down a bit wouldn't do any harm ?

Apologies for the extremely dull subject !

TalkIsCheap Wed 19-Aug-09 17:56:59

How much milk does she drink TSM?

Ds 2 also drinks a lot of water Tills, we rarely have a solid poo either. blush

Does she ask for the water or do you just give it to her? I am now trying to wait until ds2 asks for it, though obviously if it is a hot day or it has been a while I give him some.

Might be worth just checking next time you are going to the GP/HV?

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 19-Aug-09 18:01:18

She has 9oz of milk (plus stuff on cereal/in cooking)

I've always got a cup of fresh water hanging around so she just grabs it when she wants iyswim

lynniep Wed 19-Aug-09 18:04:13

I dunno but DS (2.6) loves his drinks. (although he goes for superdiluted juice) He can easily get through the amount you've stated and he doesnt have an 'off' button - he'll drink whatever you give him all at once - so I only give him the tommee tippee beakers half or three quarters full at a time. He asks for it throughout the day. Apparently he's the same at nursery with his water. I've never really worried, but I admit I'm worried about the potty too!

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 19-Aug-09 20:56:51

I know - as if potty training is going to be enough of a trial !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now