Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What symptoms does your baby get when they are teething?

(23 Posts)
jemimah Fri 27-May-05 20:34:53

Its all good fun here at the moment. Sickness, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, stroppyness and he doesn't seem to like me much either!

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 27-May-05 20:36:47

Pretty much all them plus huge blisters that baby books describe as nappy rash.

debs26 Fri 27-May-05 20:36:53

chewing fingers, grumpiness, temperature, diarrhoea and 4 red cheeks! (poor little mites )

Donbean Fri 27-May-05 20:39:04

NOT BLOODY SLEEPING the night through,
waking between 4~5 am, for the day
red cheeks
crying sorrowfully and inconsolably
poor little thing.
He has got BIG buggers comming at the sides and back.
Sympathies

jemimah Fri 27-May-05 21:12:38

Mine is waking at 5am at the moment instead of 7-6am. I hope that when hes got these through properly it might mean a little extra sleep!!! Do yours make a horrible grunting noise (like when they fill their nappy) when their teeth are playing up? Mine does and its awful, at the moment its either that or screaming (whether happy or grumpy!) for attention!

Posey Fri 27-May-05 21:17:44

With dd it was the whole lot, grizzling, runny bottom, chewing fingers, rubbing ears, red cheeks...
With ds, not a single symptom except being a bit grumpy. Only when we discover a new tooth do we assume thats why he was a bit off.

highlander Fri 27-May-05 21:21:17

off food is the first sign. Followed by........birght red cheeks, rubbing ears and NO BLOODY SLEEP!!!!!!!!!! (for weeks )

Calmriver Sun 29-May-05 19:56:39

Loss of appetite, just sad and clingy, easily upset, pink cheeks, rash sometimes, runny noses and coughs sometimes too.Just want lots of love and attention etc.

loulabelle222 Sun 29-May-05 20:55:14

my ds has always made a grunting noise when filling his nappy. he goes bright red and goes 'uuh ... (TMI) ... pmsl. Its the funniest thing ever he loves to do it when we are eating dinner too!

hunkermunker Sun 29-May-05 20:57:05

DS cries more easily than usual, his gums have been bleeding this week with his molar coming through

Also he wakes up crying in the night and presses his fingers in his mouth. He's had some foul nappies lately, but he's always been pretty able to produce those!

colinsmommy Sun 29-May-05 21:06:26

All the ones you mentioned, jemimah, plus chewing on fingers and waking up at night and waking up earlier. We're going through it right now with 2 yr. molars, and it is even more "fun" than his teething before.

toria77 Sun 29-May-05 21:56:55

ah thats why ds has been waking at 430! he is making that grunty noise too

jemimah Wed 01-Jun-05 10:50:39

HV told me yesterday that he probably has a virus and that its not just teething. Making me feel really awful now. But you know your own baby though and hes not like it all day, just at certain times of the day. He doesn't want his food and is just on bottles at the moment, if I can get food down him hes sick. But not sick like hes poorly! God I'm confused!

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 10:53:41

DD experienced runny poo with battery acid qualities which appeared to burn off her skin leaving her with a red, weeping, bleeding bum. She would also be off her food and her cheeks were bright red and burning. But she never woke with teething pain, and didn't seem unduly troubled by gum pain.

Ds has slightly red cheeks, runnier poo and a tendancy to nappy rash when teething (but not nearly as bad as his sister thank goodness). He drools and lot and gets irritable, rubbing his teeth energetically.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 10:55:38

jemimah

I think it does sound like a virus tbh. They don't always seem ill between vomiting when they have a virus. Mine often carrying on playing between spewing.

Enid Wed 01-Jun-05 11:11:50

dd2 vom'ed copiously with every tooth

typical middle class mum I put her on goats milk sure she must have an allergy to cows formula.

But it was deffo teething as she did it as every tooth cut.

ghosty Wed 01-Jun-05 11:40:53

I used to think "The only thing that teething causes is teeth" as DS was pretty much untroubled by teething until he got biggies at the back.
DD is a whole new story. I have been in and out of the doctors the last few months because of recurrent diarrhoea ... she has had all sorts of tests for allergies and viruses and bacterial infections and nothing has been found.
Every few weeks she gets a runny nose, followed by major clinginess, followed by being off her food, followed by MAJOR liquid nappies and terrible nappy rash. A few weeks ago she was vomitting as well and was in hospital to be rehydrated. Apart from the clinginess she has no signs of being unwell, no temp or anything (apart from when she had a 'real' bug in January).
Lasts about 4 days then hey presto, a tooth appears .... and then she is fine.

jemimah Wed 01-Jun-05 12:05:00

I've just been reading a medical thing on the internet and it says that theres no proof that anything we associate with teething being caused by teething, even the chewing, dribbling and being upset! What a load of rubbish!!!! I know teething only causes a low immune system which then causes the colds etc, but the chewing has to be teeth, doesn't it!? Have an app for little one later to make sure hes not got a virus.

phucknuckle Wed 01-Jun-05 12:15:58

Very acidic smelling diarrhoea, smells almost like vomit.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 12:27:10

I read the same sort of thing jem - and it is rubbish isn't it

jemimah Wed 01-Jun-05 12:45:43

You would think that there would be enough evidence to prove it. They can supposedly prove how all these things that you shouldn't let your kids do makes them obese. Its amzing what they come out with.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 13:31:14

Well all of us mums must be collectively imagining that our babies get runny poo and nappy rash etc when they are teething!

jemimah Wed 01-Jun-05 13:42:06

Stupid isn't it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now