Talk

Advanced search

Those who live in flats without lifts -

(4 Posts)
babyignoramus Tue 18-Aug-09 16:49:15

how do you manage with more than one DC?

For the first few weeks with DS I carried him in a sling, occasionally struggled down the stairs with the loola (hand-me-down so not my choice of buggy), and then put him in a lightweight stroller as soon as he was big enough. All the suitable from birth buggies/prams seem to need two hands to unfold them so what do you do with the baby? Our stairs are steep and narrow so I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him down in the buggy.

How on earth do all those with two little ones manage?? Can you share your strategies jut in case we decide to have another and I can't sell my flat????

HeadFairy Tue 18-Aug-09 16:52:02

I couldn't. We've just sold ours because I'm pg with dc 2. It was hard enough with one. I used to lie ds on the floor while I opened up our pushchair (hallway too small to leave it open) but not ideal. Esp once he started crawling. I was so grateful to see the back of those stairs to be honest. Just dragging a reluctant toddler, plus shopping, plus changing bag was too much for me. Add in another baby and I'd have never left the flat!

GreenPenguin Sat 22-Aug-09 22:51:44

We too need to move! Or someone please invent a pushchair with tank-stlye caterpillar wheels.

BertieBotts Sun 23-Aug-09 00:22:46

People round here seem to leave pushchairs at the bottom of the stairs, unfolded. They look like pretty cheap/secondhand pushchairs so I suppose that cheapness of replacing is what they rely on rather than just trusting anyone not to steal them. Maybe you could use a bicycle lock or something on the wheels?

I could not have managed with the Loola if I had stairs. It is bad enough that our garden is a steep slope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now