Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else feel as though they are losing their mind?

(4 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Tue 18-Aug-09 16:15:50

I really don't know whether I'm coming or going lately. I am so scatty. Just keep forgetting things, driving without my seatbelt on, forgot to take changing bag when we went out for the day, always going upstairs and completely forgetting what I went up for (every single time!)

I know they're all little things but its actually worrying me that I'll never get my brain back again!

I have two DCs (DS is 3 years and DD is seven months) and am working out of the home four days a week. DP also works four days a week plus weekends and some evenings. So everything is hectic - we're potty training DS and weaning DD so there are so many things to remember to take when we go out, and when we take them to nursery, etc - bibs, changes of clothes, raincoat, suncream, towel for DS to sit on, bottles, flasks, treats for DS if he uses the potty, etc, etc, etc.

I am sitting at work at the minute and for the life of me can't remember how to do a simple task I used to be able to do standing on my head!

It feels as though I'm in a very delicate state of only just coping and if one little thing goes wrong its going to all fall apart!

Is it normal to feel like this as a working parent and will it ever get better??

missorinoco Tue 18-Aug-09 16:58:38

I do. I feel the same and I've not even got back to work yet.

This is partly to say you are not alone, and also as a bump for any tips from anyone else.

SpudtheScarecrow Wed 19-Aug-09 10:25:57

I'm at SAHM mum so can only imagine how hard it is trying to juggle a job as well but just wanted to say it does get better as they get older. Mine are now 2 and nearly 4 and although I don't think my brain has improved much I think I've got better at dealing with it! So, lots of lists, getting ready the night before etc.

Also there seems to suddenly come a day when you don't need so much stuff - all I need to remember now is nappy and wipes for DS2. Anything else I forget it's easy to pick up while out as they eat anything, can drink from a normal cup/bottle of fruitshoot water

Hang on in there

SpudtheScarecrow Wed 19-Aug-09 10:28:41

Forgot to say - don't know how well yours sleep but mine were rubbish! When they started sleeping through most nights, most of the time a lot of the fog seemed to lift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now