Talk

Advanced search

Wide wellies!

(8 Posts)
crumblequeen Tue 18-Aug-09 13:29:42

Am becoming very exasperated at my failure to find any wellies for my toddler which come any wider than an F fitting. He is a H fitting and the last wellies we bought to try anyway wouldn't go anywhere near! Has anyone used a stockist of wide fit wellies?

Niecie Tue 18-Aug-09 13:32:38

I have boys with wide feet and haven't had trouble with wellies.

I think they either came from Mothercare or more recently, DS2 had some from Clarks.

The alternative is to go up a size as they do in shoe shops when they do a fitting and they don't have an H in stock. Seems to help.

Freyfreysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 11:24:51

My daughter is H and her Hunter wellies are extremely good, and wide in the calf too. From a horsey family, we wouldnt choose any other brand!

CMOTdibbler Wed 19-Aug-09 11:27:22

DS has very wide and high feet, and wears Kidorable wellies with o problems

crumblequeen Wed 19-Aug-09 12:57:13

Thanks all - I will have a look at those. I hadn't thought of going up a size so that might work

dailymailIsPerfectAsaPoopScoop Wed 19-Aug-09 13:14:03

grin grin I read the title as wide willies and couldn't click on the post fast enough!

squeaver Wed 19-Aug-09 13:18:10

Yes - just go up a size. It's only wellies after all.

pooopscoop - grin

BornToFolk Thu 20-Aug-09 10:56:21

Going up a size doesn't always work. I'm trying to get a new pair of wellies for DS. I know he's an H fitting and I reckon probably about a 5.5/6 now (will take him to get properly measured when the back to school madness has died down!) I tried size 6 and even 7s on him yesterday in Mothercare, M&S and Tesco and could get nothing on him.

He has a pair of Dinosaur Hunter shoes which are really wide fitting and they do wellies, so I'll try those if I can't get anything on the high street.

Those Kiddorable ones are lovely, but £13 for a pair of wellies?! Yikes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now