Talk

Advanced search

Would you let your 2yo go to a neighbours?

(5 Posts)
littleboyblue Mon 17-Aug-09 08:01:10

We live in a first floor flat and the other day, my neighbour who lives downstairs asked if my ds could go and play with her ds (who is a few years older).
I said yes, but don't really know them. We have lived here for a year and always stop to chat to this family who seem very nice. She is a school teacher, her dh is a bus driver (I think) and their ds is lovely. They are religious (not sure why I'm mentioning that) and I'm sure ds will be fine, after all it is only downstairs and I'll be in my flat with ds2 so am on hand if anything happens.
Just thinking, should I let him go? Am I being too PFB if I don't?

ZZZenAgain Mon 17-Aug-09 08:04:27

I would go as well, at least the first time and not leave him there until I felt comfortable with it, whoever the people are.

littleboyblue Mon 17-Aug-09 08:06:10

That's what I thought. If I'd invited her boy here, I'd have asked her to come too for the first time.
So do I just say to her that I want to come? Or should I let ds go and then 10 minutes later take something that he must have with him and stay?

throckenholt Mon 17-Aug-09 08:09:58

I would just take him and say - I'll just hang around a bit to make sure he is settled and then I'll nip back upstairs - bring him back if he gets upset.

And agree to go back and get him in maybe 1.5 hours (any longer and he may be getting overtired).

littleboyblue Mon 17-Aug-09 08:11:22

That's a good idea. She said she'd come get him, but I'll tell her that he's just snacking and I'll bring him down in a min and then hang about for a bit and then collect him after an hour and if it goes well, she can have him as often as she likes grin wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now