Talk

Advanced search

A problem with DD and starting school (or not) - any ideas welcome!

(3 Posts)
knickerelasticjones Fri 14-Aug-09 11:52:20

Hello - I'm just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation to this.

Virtually all of my DD1's friends are starting school this year (next week in fact), but my DD is not. She is, by a matter of six hours, too young to start until August 2010. I'm in Scotland so there is only one start date each year, in August.

And I'm just starting to wonder how she will cope with both the loss of most of her friends throughout the day, and also wondering if those friends might start to think that DD is boring or babyish because she isn't at school yet.

I don't know why we have managed to find only friends who are slightly older than her, but we have!

Has anyone else experienced this kind of situation? Any ideas on what (if anything) to do?

FernieB Fri 14-Aug-09 15:45:30

Where did your DD find all her friends? If it was at a pre-school group then it will soon be full of kids who will be starting school when she will. She will soon make new friends, I wouldn't worry about it.

Wallace Fri 14-Aug-09 16:05:20

I do know of a couple of children who have taken a test for early entry.

If you wanted to go down that route, of course.

But she will make new friends, and will be better off being the oldest in her year.

I know how you feel though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now