Talk

Advanced search

babysitter rate per hour - Herts

(6 Posts)
Uspy Thu 13-Aug-09 15:15:10

Hi, can anyone recommend a rate for babysitting in my area? I have asked a teenage friend (16) to look after my toddler for an hour in a couple of weeks' time at the stables where I keep my horse while I have an appointment for my horse. She is not going out of her way much as she rides at the yard herself and enjoys playing with him. I want to pay her but have no idea what to give?!

GrapefruitMoon Thu 13-Aug-09 15:41:41

I usually pay a teenager £5 an hour - but it's usually for 3-4 hours at a time...

madusa Thu 13-Aug-09 17:38:49

i pay my 17 yr old babysitter £6 per hour but always a min of £20 regardless of how long she has been here. We also would give it to her if we cancelled at short notice.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 13-Aug-09 17:43:44

Message withdrawn

Uspy Fri 14-Aug-09 13:22:33

Hm, thanks for that. Well, I am not asking to miss a night out and it is just an hour supervising him while she is probably doing what she would be doing anyway (muck out her stable) just with him "helping" her - SO, guess it would be something of a fiver then...

MiniMilk0610 Sun 23-Aug-09 17:52:22

Ouch, just stumbled across this thread - I'm so glad I dont ever go out have family around to occasionally babysit!! I dont live in your area, but only pay my childminder £3 an hour, including food, trips out etc to look after DD in afternoons while I go to work! & she's fully qualified etc, seems mad to be paying teenagers so much!!

Not trying to cause arguments, do know that £5 an hour ish is the going rate for babysitters, guess just hadn't really thought about it since having DD 3 years ago so am a bit shock about it. Sorry, completely unhelpful/irrelevant reply to the thread!! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now