Talk

Advanced search

What else can I 'do' with my 14mo?

(3 Posts)
WibblyPigRocks Thu 13-Aug-09 12:49:01

We meet up with other mummies for play-dates, do baby-signing, go to the park and go to a mum and baby group once a week. We also go to the library and read books there and at home.

We can't 'do' drawing yet - he still wants to eat the crayons/pencils etc. When we go out into the garden, at the moment all he wants to do is pick out black bits from between the paving slabs and try to eat them!! We do have a sand/water play table, a slide and a ball pit, too.

This all sounds like quite a lot to me, but we still find ourselves with nothing to do, particularly in the late afternoon/evening.

What do you do with yours?!

P.S. I'm a SAHM.

Penthesileia Thu 13-Aug-09 12:55:50

Sounds like you are really busy! I'm impressed by your organisation. I kept on meaning to try baby-signing with DD, but never managed it. blush Still, she points at things she wants, so we get along ok, communication-wise, I suppose! grin

My DD is also 14mo, and at the end of the day, we go to the park (so long as the weather allows), or play in the garden. Being outside is the best activity for us.

Toys she likes at the moment:

- a train shape sorter (actually, anything she can post into anything else! grin)

- her Wendy house

- football (balls of any size or shape, really)

Is your DS walking? DD loves going on the rides at the park, even the big kids' climbing frame and slide (I clamber on with her! grin).

I'm going to get her one of those nylon tunnels and tents as well, as she loves walking or crawling through the plastic tunnel at the park.

Oh, and we just got her a Berchet push-along trike: she loves it, and likes to be pushed around for ages.

She also loves toy animals. Mostly to chew, but she loves them nonetheless! grin

Can you get out to an animal park or farm? My DD is obsessed with sheep and cows (baaaa! moooooo!)

HTH!

muddleduck Thu 13-Aug-09 12:56:04

Sounds like he has plenty to do and that it is you that has nothing to do smile

swimming?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now