Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

leather car seats (second stage)

(6 Posts)
karen01 Wed 25-May-05 16:45:02

Has anyone got one, what do you think about them.

we live in Cyprus so it is very hot in the summer. Our new car has limo blacked out window at the back so this should help keep the car cool in the back. Have you found that the baby sweats in the chair, if so can you over come this by lining the back with a muslin square or something.

I don't have to have a leather seat I amn going tommorrow to chose the material I want for the seat, but the rest of the car is leather so was going to get it to match , so that it is easier to clean etc. DS currrent second stage seat (bebecar)doesn't come apart for washing which is a pain the back side. DS is 1 next month so still needs a proper seat.

Aybody have anyother ideas which materails will be good for a car seat and easy washable (wipe down or machine)

karen01 Wed 25-May-05 19:55:02

please some advise I am not being a snob about this i just want some peoples opnions and more info

fairydust Wed 25-May-05 19:58:49

do you have air con in the car??
if so i'd go with leather that way it's easy wipeable

LIZS Wed 25-May-05 20:00:37

You can buy a summer cover for the Maxi Cosi ones - they are towelling so think you could wash them easily

karen01 Wed 25-May-05 20:03:20

yes we do have air con fitted.

Thank you for your responses was starting to feel paranoid!!

fairydust Wed 25-May-05 20:04:06

i'd say it'll be fine - if anything more practical as any marks or sick are easily cleaned

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now