Talk

Advanced search

7 month old wakes at 5am!

(8 Posts)
owerss Sun 09-Aug-09 19:32:55

Please help - any ideas how to make my little one sleep a bit longer? She wakes at 5am most mornings, although we are lucky she sleeps through the night I would love ot extend it a bit

Onlyaphase Sun 09-Aug-09 19:38:10

DD used to do this at that age. I used to feed her, then pop her in the pushchair and take the dog for an early morning walk, getting back in time for DD's first nap at about 7.30am.

Can't offer any sage words as to extending her sleeping as my experience was that only time will change her sleeping habits, but wanted to say that it will pass. We tried lots of things at the time, nothing really worked and the lack of sleep in the morning for me was a killer - felt like a zombie all day - but it did pass relatively quickly, and once the days get shorter this might help you out a bit.

owerss Sun 09-Aug-09 19:40:30

thankyou, its good to know its not just me!

GentlyDoesIt Sun 09-Aug-09 19:54:11

At this time of year, it's worth blacking out windows as much as you can. When DD was that age we had blackout blinds, heavy curtains, a pelmet AND a wool blanket stuffed round the edges where a bit of light was peeping through! It usually only bought us an extra half an hour, but sometimes that can make all the difference.

rocketupbum Sun 09-Aug-09 20:19:45

My DD did this too at this age. It was only the stage really, she now wakes between 6.30 and 7.30. We didnt really do anything clever perhaps only went through to her if she really cried.

owerss Sun 09-Aug-09 20:32:19

cant wait for 6.30 or 7.30..! at what age does this seem to stop?

ilovespagbol Sat 15-Aug-09 23:07:11

Baby whisperer wake to sleep - you gently rouse them just before you know they will wake and they go back to sleep, eventually sleeping later without rousing. We never tried this with night sleep but did with naps and it worked a treat.

TROLLYDOLLY77 Sun 16-Aug-09 11:28:03

Hi, mine used to do this too! Is your child waking because they are hungry? We started giving ds a banana or slice of wholemeal toast before bed, and then waking him before we went to bed! Just enough to rouse him and say goodnight! It worked a treat and only had to do it a couple of times before he got back into his own rythm again!
He still has his banana before bed though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now