Talk

Advanced search

Ok I know this is a stupid question- But how longs your under 2 yr old DDs hair?

(12 Posts)
mum2RandR Sun 09-Aug-09 17:19:54

Im sure this is probably a ridiculous thing to be (slightly) concerned about, but my DD is almost 21 months and doesnt have much hair!
Its grown to the middle of her forehead and down around the bottom of her ears, shes just starting to get longer strands coming onto her neck.
If you lift the hair on top of her head and on the back of her head up its probably 2-3 inches long.
Shes a beautiful girl and the hair shes got is dark brown, soft and shiny (lucky thing) but other children of her age have there hair in plaits and ponytails etc.
So was just wondering if anyone elses DDs are the same?

GrapefruitMoon Sun 09-Aug-09 17:23:32

My dd was frequently mistaken for a boy at that age! It didn't really start to grow longer till she was almost three. Once it did grow a little bit I used to get it cut into a bob - having it trimmed regularly seemed to make it less wispy and she had pigtails by the time she started school

PortAndLemon Sun 09-Aug-09 17:26:10

A friend of DS was the same -- had very little hair until she was probably 2.5-3. Now she has lovely brown curls.

DD is 16 months and hers is probably 4.5 inches long. She has a vague resemblance to a dandelion clock... grin

BiscuitStuffer Mon 10-Aug-09 19:53:18

DD is 2.8 and looks very wispy and like she's thinning on top and at the back!

eandh Mon 10-Aug-09 19:55:51

dd2 is 2.8 and her hair is on she shoulder blades (had a good trim lately though) she has a huge mop of hair at birth, 90% fell out then she had short hair for what felt like an age but in the last year she has gone from above chin length bob to long shoulder hair (dd1 is almost 5 and had hair about 2 " from her bottom but had 4" cut off for when she starts school (still long though!)

eandh Mon 10-Aug-09 19:57:20

in fact pictures on profile - if you look at bottom one of them kissing that is dd2 haitr last september and top picture (with me and dd1) was in April

Rosieeo Mon 10-Aug-09 19:58:48

My dd was the same, beautiful fine blonde hair but it didn't seem to grow! It was long enough to be cut into a bob when she was about 2.5 and we kept it like that as it's still fine. She looks gorgeous, like a little pixie

Tidey Mon 10-Aug-09 20:00:04

DD will be two in October, her hair is about the same length as you describe your DD's to be. I wish it would grow faster, her fringe is getting in her eyes a bit but the length overall doesn't seem to move IYSWIM. She certainly doesn't have enough to put into bunhces or plaits or anything.

BirdyBedtime Mon 10-Aug-09 20:48:00

MY DD had virtually no hair until well after 2 and was often mistaken for a boy. She is now 4 and has still only had her hair trimmed twice. She now has enough at the top and back for bunches etc - hurrah! It used to really bother me but I'm not sure now why it did.

deepdarkwood Mon 10-Aug-09 20:50:47

dd is 3.5 and still has what is pretty much a boys hair cut, whilst all her peers are flicking ponytails.
Tbh, we've just gone with it, and she has an elfin haircut, rather than a straggly mullet.

4andnotout Mon 10-Aug-09 20:55:51

This is dd3 who is 22 months, thankfully her 'Dave from Slade' fringe my mum cut is now starting to grow out grin

Mousey84 Mon 10-Aug-09 21:09:26

DD has hardly any hair - at 3 her hair was (freakily) identical to 4andnotouts dd - colour and curls. V cute daughter btw 4andnotout! Now her hair is very thick and over halfway down her back and has been since she was about 4 1/2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now