Talk

Advanced search

DS 1.5 getting out of his car seat.

(17 Posts)
Stefka Sat 08-Aug-09 21:40:10

My DS who is one and a half has started to work his way out of his car seat. It doesn't seem to matter how tight I pull the straps he can wriggle his arms out of them. I stop if I can but sometimes I can't stop and I don't know how to stop him from doing this. Anyone else dealt with this?

differentID Sat 08-Aug-09 21:42:13

are his straps at th eright height for him? If they're too low/ too high then there is wriggle-room.

Stefka Sat 08-Aug-09 22:00:28

Ah will check that out thank you - had not thought of that one.

lovelylullaby Mon 17-Aug-09 20:19:52

The same thing is happening to us with DS. Is there anything you can buy to stop them being able to wriggle their arms out?

pigleychez Wed 19-Aug-09 21:57:05

Have a look on the Products thread pages..
Theres been a few posts lately with the same problem.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 20-Aug-09 19:57:51

I am having same prob with ds2 23m so know the feeling. I have lowered the straps, escaped them, raised them he escaped them.....off to look at products now!!!!! TY xx

lovelylullaby Sat 22-Aug-09 14:01:03

Will check it out - thanks

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 22-Aug-09 14:17:53

Ds used to do this.

I bought a velcro thing (technical termgrin) that wrapped around the top straps, holding them together so he could not push them down his shoulders.

This was years ago and I think they may have stopped doing them - I wonder if it was because it makes it more difficult to release them if there is an accident - but only needed it for a few days and he then forgot about doing it. Probably got into other sorts of mischief instead!

I've still got the velcro thing, I think. If anyone is desperate?

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 22-Aug-09 14:19:57

Have just found it.

Is called 'snugsit'.

Will google and see if I can find something similar.

lovelylullaby Sun 23-Aug-09 13:10:39

I've googled and can't find anything, how much do you want for your snugsit?

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 23-Aug-09 14:44:29

I don't want anything for it. You can have it.

Perhaps send me the stamps for postage and I'll pop it in post to you (unless you are anywhere near West London?).

The snugsit and envelope are just over 100g and would be a 'large letter' size, I think.

I don't have CAT. So if you contact me, I'll give you my address to send the stamps to.

Does that sound ok?

Alternatively, it looks as though you can gets clips in USA and anywhere else outside Europe. So if you have any contacts abroad, that might be worth a try.

lovelylullaby Sun 23-Aug-09 21:27:04

Thanks so much I'd really appreciate it. I've not got CAT either but I've just set up a new mail account at chlo77@yahoo.co.uk If you send me an email with your address I'll go to the post office tomorrow and get an envelope and stamps off to you pronto!

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 23-Aug-09 21:59:59

Will email you now before going to bed.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 23-Aug-09 22:07:58

Email sent smile

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 24-Aug-09 15:19:57

I ended up popping back to halfords where i bought ds2's new car seat in May this year...to be told it should have been checked first because IT WAS FAULTY!!!

lovelylullaby Mon 24-Aug-09 19:52:04

!!!! Glad you went back.

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 26-Aug-09 12:08:43

Hi lovelylullaby,

Posted it back yesterday. Has it arrived?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now