Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need an idea for tea...... he won't eat ANYTHING!

(10 Posts)
roseybump Wed 25-May-05 13:27:13

HELP! DS is getting over a virus and refuses to eat anything I give him. We are back to just milk - he is 16m. This iss daft. He has a spoon-feeding aversion and just throws any finger foods I give him on the floor. Tried breadstix, toast (dry, buttered, marmite - all no), lasagne, dried crackers, jar of baby gunk (ugh) yoghurt, fruit, beans (usually a num num favourite). I need him to eat something - it has been days!!! argh - he is so lethargic and stubborn!!! Any suggestions please?

dinosaur Wed 25-May-05 13:28:21

icecream and tinned fruit?

FrumpyGrumpy Wed 25-May-05 13:33:45

How bout change the venue? Nibbles in the bath, major distraction to pop food in without him really noticing or else he'll be so bemused he might eat. Worth a bash maybe. Good luck.

FrumpyGrumpy Wed 25-May-05 13:34:36

No plates or else he'll see through it.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 25-May-05 13:35:39

He may know what he's doing. It sometimes takes the gut a while to be ready for food again. Bananas are a good re-introduction to food. If you're worried about him getting enough calories, you could make a smoothie? (milk, yogurt, bananas, maybe a bit of honey?)

oliveoil Wed 25-May-05 13:38:03

Whenever dd1 is stropping about food (often) we have an indoor picnic. It's an idea I pinched off someone on here ages ago.

Spread out a blanket, bits of food on lots of different plates, I set up her teddies with her tea set etc etc.

roseybump Wed 25-May-05 13:41:54

picnic might be an idea - at least I dont have to bend down to pick things up (preggers). Tried teh smoothie - that got the heave. BAthtime nibbles an interesting one! Thats DH's job so I'd be off the hook! He wont touch icecream (strange child).THanks folks

roseybump Wed 25-May-05 13:41:58

picnic might be an idea - at least I dont have to bend down to pick things up (preggers). Tried teh smoothie - that got the heave. BAthtime nibbles an interesting one! Thats DH's job so I'd be off the hook! He wont touch icecream (strange child).THanks folks

roseybump Wed 25-May-05 13:42:11

FrumpyGrumpy Thu 26-May-05 15:39:08

HI, hows it going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now