Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Second baby 5 weeks and think I'm struggling more than last time...help!

(7 Posts)
Corrin Wed 25-May-05 12:28:21

Can anyone give me some piece of mind? My little girl is nearly three and spends 3 days at nursery at the moment and I'm at home on maternity leave looking after our 5 week old son.

Am breastfeeding and finding this more of a tie than last time (not sure whether he is more hungry or whether I just can't remember this stage or whether we're just not in a routine yet), am trying to express and the milk just isn't coming out (2oz this morning after much trying).

COmpletely fel like I'm lacking in motivation and don't know what to do with myself. Feel a little tied to the house.

Am getting up twice in the night (in fact he's good at night to go down)..am tired and feel like this is a long stretch in front of me...

stitch Wed 25-May-05 12:30:44

course you are sturggling mmore, you have more to deal with. just coz dd is in nursery, doesnt mean you dont have to do stuff for/with her.
dont be soe hard on yourself

moondog Wed 25-May-05 12:33:43

Don't expect too much of youself-he's only 5 weeks old. I think your energy will return. I found that I was out and about with the two of them a lot earlier than I was with just the first. I also think two children are far more intersting and fun than 1.

Revel in the opportunity to sit with your baby in peace while your dd is away. read,sleep or watch tv and enjoy it-it won't last forever!

Corrin Wed 25-May-05 12:33:59

Am holding out for the magical 6 weeks...but can't remember what changes.
Am usually very active and busy, don't like feeling like this..!

Bugsy2 Wed 25-May-05 12:38:20

Corrin, it is harder with the second - you've got so much more to do. This could be utter rubbish, but I think boys can be more vigourous feeders than girls.
Don't worry about motivation, try and relax & enjoy being at home. Accept every offer of help from absolutely anyone.
The first few months are hard but then you all get into a routine & it does get much easier.
Big hug to you.

Corrin Wed 25-May-05 12:49:18

Thanks Bugsy2.

I do feel like he seems to want to feed more. Little girl fed and then was satisfied...he's always rooting when I hold him.

Am not great at planning my time, finding things to do with such a small baby are limited and really start to get stir crazy if not with company or if in the house for too long.

Trouble is my outings tend to involve spending money and I haven't got enough to be buying stuff all of the time!

Jiz28 Tue 21-Jun-05 13:39:08

Corrin
How are things now? Have they got any better? I am in a similar position. 1st boy is now 2.5 and at nursery 3 times a week.. 2nd is a girl now at 7 weeks ..and I am really finding it difficult. She is really difficult to settle to sleep day & night (although once settled at night she sleeps well and has even slept 10pm - 5am). Daytime is really getting me down as I am struggling to get a routine..and ANY time for myself. I really don't remember is being like this last time round! Am breast feeding but am considering intoducing formula at least one feed a day to get a break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now