Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Make me feel better about the fact that decorating was A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. We should have constructed a pig sty. Then again maybe not, they are cleaner.

(17 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 25-May-05 12:25:34

So the walls in the sitting room have grubby filthy handprints, drink splats (no, not me and dh being raucous at night after too much wine) and various scribbles everywhere. Plus the wood floor has 2 huge splodges of leaked red felt tip pen on it. The sofas look as though they've been home to a herd of goats. I just sniffed one and it smells like that too.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 25-May-05 12:44:49

My worst fears are realised. Everyone elses house looks immaculate.

MarsLady Wed 25-May-05 12:46:55

not mine puffy, not mine! lol

sparklymieow Wed 25-May-05 12:47:17

n, I spent ages redecorating and now I have artwork on my walls, border tore off, my sofa looks awful, where the kids jump on the back and its pushed all the cusions down, there is yourget and eczema cream all over it.

dinosaur Wed 25-May-05 12:47:49

HHHHHHHaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

(hysterical laughter)

JoolsToo Wed 25-May-05 12:47:52

a real 'home' then?

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 25-May-05 12:49:20

Thank gawd for that.

It's not really important in the scheme of things, but I hate decorating and it just wasn't worth it - should have left it another 3 years methinks.

moondog Wed 25-May-05 12:51:17

Well...you can't be good at everything. (I'm still about your post graduate certificate in freezer craft.) lol about the goats!

misdee Wed 25-May-05 12:53:18

i have abottle of diprobase on my sofa, actually then contents of diprobase. the walls are marked by furniture, dd2 has scribbled on her bedroom walls, the floor has chips out of it. the place is a tip.

oliveoil Wed 25-May-05 12:54:51

Have you never heard of Flash wipes and Febreeze?

<<run awayyyyyy run awayyyyyyyy>>

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 25-May-05 12:59:57

Sure have olive - my attempts to clean the walls have created lovely tide marks to add to what's on there and the sofas have febreezitis .

Floor has to be completely resanded and varnished.

I love my children .

oliveoil Wed 25-May-05 13:02:27

Mine likes to squish sardines on the cushions that I have just washed. I don't actually use Febreeze, think it stinks!

anorak Wed 25-May-05 13:05:36

DH and I were so excited when we spent thousands on a beautiful suite for our sitting room. We'd never ever spent so much on furniture before and it looked brilliant.

Now an arm of one of the chairs is darker than the rest where DS dribbles on it and wipes his nose on it...

MarsLady Wed 25-May-05 13:07:17

as an older woman once said to me..................

why bother clearing the mess until the messmakers have left home.

I live by that

JoolsToo Wed 25-May-05 13:08:30

Mars - good advice - only one problem, these days they take too bloody long to leave

moondog Wed 25-May-05 13:08:52

lol anorak!
Must tell that to all my elderly relatives who say that sofas should have arm protectors (which I think are terribly lower-middle class!)

My confession......
there is shit in my bed where ds's nappy overflowed this morning (he's not well bless him) and I haven't changed it yet. Might not actually as we're leaving in two days. Won't do anyone any harm surely?

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 25-May-05 18:50:32

rofl moondog !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: