Talk

Advanced search

Need some advice!!!!

(4 Posts)
roxy12 Fri 07-Aug-09 12:12:33

My baby is 6 weeks old today and has had nothing but trouble since he has been born (bless Him).

He doesnt drink alot of water, he spits it out.
He has been constipated and then had a normal poo.

Because he doesnt drink alot of water my health visitor told me to make up a bottle but add an extra ounce of water.
For example make up 6 ounces but only put 5 scoops of milk in so then he is getting some water.

I didnt think this could be done as it isnt the right amount of milk.
He will take some water if i give it to him just before his feed as then he is hungry.

Should i continue what the health visitor told me or should i stop doing that.

All health visitors say different things

HELP!

roxy12 Fri 07-Aug-09 12:13:42

I forgot to say, he is constipated again aswell.

Any suggestions for a 6 week old baby?

LIZS Fri 07-Aug-09 12:15:57

Young babies, even ff, don't really need water unless it is very hot . Is there any reason why it has been suggested. A steady amount of consistently made milk may be more helpful. If he has really bad tummy problems see your gp .

TurtleAnn Fri 07-Aug-09 12:42:24

I would ring the formula company first. I am sure your HV knows what she is doing but it cant hurt to check with the manufacturers.

When I asked about doing C&G said 'no', it changes the consistency and the volume and I don't really know why that is wrong but the company C&G were quite adamant.

My friends baby was constipated and the GP gave her a prescription for different formula.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now