Talk

Advanced search

best way to give my Mamas and Papas Travel System away

(13 Posts)
annas1 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:07:08

I have a barely used Mamas and Papas Primo Vaggio Travel system (ie its a pram and pushchair in one), with footmuff, cosytoes, raincover and carseat (although maybe not meant to sell / give away carseat).

I no longer need it but have have had no luck in local ads etc. I've looked on ebay and theyre fetching next to nothing, even my local secondhand baby shop doesn't want it as they mostly have demand for bugaboo and Quinny.

I am disappionted not to get anything for it but think the best thing would be charitable and to donate it- anyone got any ideas of the best way to do this. I live in the Leicester area.

Thanks!!

lynniep Wed 05-Aug-09 16:11:01

can you freecycle it - you'd get loads of requests then?

TheChilliMoose Wed 05-Aug-09 16:14:10

You could ask in a local children's centre if they know someone that would benefit from it?

kissyfurschaos Wed 05-Aug-09 16:16:42

Could you ask your health visitor she may know of a worthy recepitent or your local women's refuge perhaps.
Good Luck.

MrsBadger Wed 05-Aug-09 16:24:57

have you a woman's shelter nearby?

or our local charity shops love to get prams

louii Wed 05-Aug-09 16:26:56

I donated mine to homestart, they were delighted with it.

CillySunt Wed 05-Aug-09 16:34:06

Womens shelters, homestart, surestart, charity shops or freecycle.

CillySunt Wed 05-Aug-09 16:34:29

Womens shelters, homestart, surestart, charity shops or freecycle.

dilemma456 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:17

Message withdrawn

annas1 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:36:43

thanks guys contacted my Health Visitor she said she wasn't able to tell me where the nearest womens shelter is but she is going to collect it and take it there herself. She thought they would be delighted with it.

dilemma456 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:38:31

Message withdrawn

TheProvincialLady Wed 05-Aug-09 20:43:47

Great news, I bet someone will be thrilled to have it.

annas1 Wed 05-Aug-09 20:56:39

Yep my health visitor is fantastic. I think she has lifted hundreds of mums (including me) when you just need a little friendly advice and some understanding.

I always feel dismayed to hear people say they don't like their health visitor cause mine is such an angel, can't praise her enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now