Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I a broody freak?

(5 Posts)
macaco Mon 03-Aug-09 14:35:23

Hi

posted this in conception but no takers (which really DOES make me feel a freak grin...maybe I'll have better luck here?)

Have a 16 mo DS and always planned a 3 year gap, so wouldn't be starting to ttc til at least next April ish. We really can't ttc before then for various reasons; professional, financial and personal and rationally I'm quite happy with that. Rationally the idea of being pregnant now (had HG with DS for first 16 weeks) is horrific and the thought of a newborn a bit scary too.....but but but
someone from work has just had a baby and it's making me feel sooooo broody and I have to say quite emotional. I've been lost in memories of when DS was tiny and looking at photos of him when he was wee. Which is ironic as the first 3 months or so were really really really hard (early, teeny baby with colic). What is wrong with me? Is this just normal? Does everyone get this? Will I feel like this every time someone i know has a baby forever more?

crankytwanky Mon 03-Aug-09 15:35:24

I'm sure it's perfectly normal!
Being broody is just temporary insanity bought on by hormonal imbalance, IMHO! grin
I got all broody lately when my DS was 17m. Then we had a wee accident! Now have a lairy 19mo and chronic morning sickness! Nice!
I had a big (5yrs) gap between dc1 &dc2. That was nice!
Just carry on as you are I reckon, and you never know what Mummy Nature has in store for you!wink

macaco Mon 03-Aug-09 15:45:42

I'm not going to ttc until next year. It really is impossible, largely professionally, but also financially and other reasons too. I was just wondering if it was normal to be so, well, emotional about other people having babies? I mean, I think it's the memories it brings back more than broodiness almost. Holding your little baby and the closeness and the excitement of it all. Like I say, the actual idea of a newborn/2 year age gap/pregnancy puts me right off. But I look at those photos of the new little family and oohh...
so, i'm not mad then? grin

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 03-Aug-09 16:58:37

I don't think you're mad, I've got two DCs and definitely don't want any more (various reasons) but every time someone else announces they're pregnant I get really emotional and almost jealous of them, even though rationally I don't want to be pregnant, didn't enjoy it, and don't want another baby to look after! I'm very happy with the two I've got.

I was even like it when I was actually pregnant myself. Hormones have a lot to answer for!!

macaco Mon 03-Aug-09 18:08:54

That's funny..it is almost like jealousy. mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now