Talk

Advanced search

help ....ideas for boys INDOORS on rainy days.........

(10 Posts)
freya555 Thu 30-Jul-09 23:49:12

We have no problem going out and getting wet and being active but sometimes my DD just wants to stay in and read annd play and chill and it feels we HAVE to go out to let DS run ,do sport etc ! He is into many differnt things and is like a sponge - interested in everything!!- exept being " Cooped up indoors " .My dd and DS love and like each other, but do no share same intrests and sometimes its like having two only children as there is no play value between them and i run between taking them to different places when somtimes I would just like to be at home if i honest!!However, I do not want DS to be on screens all when time indoors - and he has recently gone off reading-any advice or info would be most welcome.!!!.....Id like him to be able to have down time but he seems at loss what to do whereas dd can spend hours in her room.....if ds in room and not on screen plays darts ,v occ reads - often plays with a ball in room which drives me mad !!!

bronze Thu 30-Jul-09 23:53:09

well we made a camp today. Bit of sting between two points and a kingsize duvet cover over the top. dd spent a lot of time carefully screwing up coloured paper to make a fire while the ds went hunting for food. (stalking the poor dog)
Meant they were all on one project but able to do their own thing

cornsillk Thu 30-Jul-09 23:57:26

My boys love to make dens with all the duvets in the house. They also play a PC type game with random objects (hard to explain) so they take steps towards each other but random objects give them power and extra lives.

freya555 Fri 31-Jul-09 07:50:46

Thanks for replies - We did do lots of den builds when younger and have happy memories, and do so to some extent still but i forgot to mention my ds is 12 and half now so ..........

ssd Fri 31-Jul-09 08:25:41

its a hard one, mine are almost 12 and its hard to think up ideas to keep them occupied

I found myself yesterday saying "can't you just watch tv"!!

will watch with interest

ZippysMum Fri 31-Jul-09 10:47:51

Hi! What about getting ds to plan / cook a family meal? Or some bread / flapjacks / cakes.? I'm not a mum (yet) but this works with my niece / nephew....

My DS1 is 12, nearly 13 and all the activities that keep him entertained usually involve money.

ssd I also say the TV thing too.

I'm watching too <hopes the OP doesn't mind> smile

raggitty555 Sun 02-Aug-09 11:50:37

I got ds to make fruit salad this am for lunch - he loved it - got into the zone relaxed when chopping and looks proud .....but we cant do this daily - any other ideas out there?????????

ssd Sun 02-Aug-09 17:44:07

oh christ mine are allergic to the fruit bowl (thats their story...)

jeanjeenie Sun 02-Aug-09 17:51:18

They wouldnt have to eat any i guess..!!!!make own pizza instead???? I just desp 4 ideas really !!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now