Talk

Advanced search

sod this, i have seriously had enough

(17 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 11:29:45

ds1 is 8

he will not do as he is told - meant to be doing writing practice as badly needed

is back chatting and arguing every time he opens his mouth

i give up

snackattack Wed 29-Jul-09 11:35:04

Me too. My dd1 is 11. She's been driving me insane for about 3 years to be honest....SO BLOODY RUDE, no respect it seems, then the next minute she is an angel. Some days she does nothing I ask, some days she's fine... isn't this normal?

LuluMaman Wed 29-Jul-09 11:41:28

come on FBG. you can't do this every day.

he is 8

not a robot or a machine, he is going to get arsey and give back chat, but you don;t need to flip every time. smile i mean it nicely

i went through a phase of this with DS. i found that asking him to choose when he wanted to do homework, but making sure he knew it had to be done , worked better . and saying.. 'well, if you get your 10 minutes of work done , we have the whole rest of the day to do whatever else you like and have fun..."

why does he have to do writing practice?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 11:55:43

he has to do the practice as his writing hasn't improved in years.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 11:56:12

every time he opens his mouth it is to say something mean or to try and wind someone up

blowbroth Wed 29-Jul-09 11:57:46

I agree with Lulu. Well said.

mrsjammi Wed 29-Jul-09 11:59:21

Message withdrawn

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 12:02:23

i don't flip every time.

I am trying to ignore as much as possible but it is very wariong when it is every time he speaks and he tries to blackmail me too.

bronze Wed 29-Jul-09 12:08:37

repeat lots and be ready to say it out loud 'this is not a dicussion. I am not listening anymore. Will you do as you are told and then we can do <insert fun thing>' say it once clearly and then leave him to. And breathe

GypsyMoth Wed 29-Jul-09 12:11:58

fbg......drastic action needed with him then,have read your previous posts and know you are struggling with him.

tape him speaking to you in this way,then play it back to him during a quiet moment.....was like a rocket up the backside of my son (he's now 10)

as for the writing. my ds is the same. has to use an amanuenisis thing for tests,and he's left handed so it smudges as school insist on cartridge pens!
last summer he did handwriting with me like you're doing now. but honestly,there was NO improvement and he just ended up resenting doing it.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 12:28:46

We have just had a lovely cuddle and he is going on the computer for a bit. I have told him I will read to him once DS2 goes for a nap.

I just said "isn't this nice? much better" when I had my arm around him and left it at that.

bronze Wed 29-Jul-09 12:29:24

smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 12:30:11

he has just asked for crisps when ds2 goes to bed but he did ask if his sister could have some too grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 12:30:33

<focus on how nice this feels and forget this morning>

racmac Wed 29-Jul-09 12:45:44

I have DS8 who is exactly the same and I am pulling my hair out.

Everything is an argument - i seem to repeat myself constantly.

Today he has asked to go to his gp's house - I have told him she is busy and he can not go round everyday - he has asked me the same question at least 4 times and its only just gone lunch time.

Have no advice but lots of sympathy!

Tortington Wed 29-Jul-09 12:48:29

give the kid a break

approach it a diferetn way - a star chart with a reward of significance to him - money - treat whatever

no he isn't to old for this.

10 mins. One paragraph a coule of times a week

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 12:58:56

He has a star chart and is no longer bothered but will remind them about the money to be earned.

I am not giving him that much of a break when it is relentless. He has to know it isn't on and he can behave at school so he can do it here. A few minutes would do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now