Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sex & C-section

(6 Posts)
nannyj Mon 27-Jul-09 19:48:38

I had a C-section four weeks ago. Everything is healing fine. I want to have sex with my partner. Is it ok?
When can I get the coil fitted?
Thanks a lot.

GwarchodwrPlant Mon 27-Jul-09 19:51:08

I had a c-sect and we had sex the first night back from hospital. If you take it slowly and be extra extra gentle then let your body be a guide.

With regards to a coil I think you would need to wait untill your 6 week check at least.

Ask your HV if you are not sure.

Congratulations on your srrival!

BONKERZ Mon 27-Jul-09 19:51:47

i did the deed 2 weeks after my c section! i was fine.....but then i started driving 3 weeks after c section too....insurance people just wanted to know if midwife had approved it, midwife was here when i rang them and told them i was able to stamp my feet and jump without pain or problems! LOL
If you feel ready then go ahead, with regards the coil you have to wait till your 6 week check so better use other form of protection.

nannyj Mon 27-Jul-09 19:52:51

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

nannyj Mon 27-Jul-09 19:55:27

Once I've had the coil fitted do I have to wait or can I have sex as soon as it is fitted?

Sidge Mon 27-Jul-09 19:59:59

Technically you can have a coil inserted immediately after birth, but they are more likely to be expelled as the uterus is still going back down. You can ask at your postnatal check if it's ok to have one, but I doubt they would be able to fit it there and then, so would probably want you to come back at a separate appointment. Make sure you use contraception as you can get pregnant within weeks of giving birth.

With regards to sex if your lochia has stopped then you should be ok - before then there is an increased risk of infection. As long as you feel ready and avoid too much pressure on your tummy you should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now