Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Web sites and 7 year olds .....

(4 Posts)
chocolateismyonlyweakness Sun 26-Jul-09 22:53:36

My ds is 7 on Tuesday, and loves a website called Moshi Monsters. He plays games and really enjoys the site, and they can send messages to each other.

My concern is that anybody could be sending these messages, we have no way of knowing who it really is. Probably it is other children chatting, but I now check his messages every day after he received one: "do you wanna be my boyfriend?" which he didn't like and deleted.

He listed all his toys to a 9 year old boy and they are complaining about little sisters, etc.

This is a new one for me, I wasn't expecting to have concerns about these things so early! Do your dc's go on similar websites at this young age? My dh found it and introduced it to him, but I feel he is still a little too young for internet chat.

DD is 8 and goes on Club Penguin. She can type in messages to other "penguins". But none of it is private messages so all the other penguins can see the messages. Its meant to be well moderated. I've had a talk with her about cyber safety.

<whispers> I play on Club Penguin a lot when DD has gone to bed and have only had innocent comments directed at me.

DD plays it in the dining room and I'm either in the room or wondering in and out so keeping an eye on what's going on.

RealityIsHavingBumsex Sun 26-Jul-09 22:57:40

Message withdrawn

RealityIsHavingBumsex Sun 26-Jul-09 22:58:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now