Talk

Advanced search

Swine Flu - what would you do

(7 Posts)
minkybetty Sun 26-Jul-09 19:13:15

Given how contagious swine flu is, would you avoid flying anywhere with a 2 year old? I would like to go and see my family in France for a weekend in a couple of weeks but don't whether it is more sensible to wait until this whole epidemic has blown over - OR am I being totally paranoid and should just get on with it - obviously, not too worried about me but just in case DD gets it??? thoughts please..

lljkk Sun 26-Jul-09 19:16:36

No I would not avoid. If SF were really that contagious we would ALL have had it by now.

nickytwotimes Sun 26-Jul-09 19:18:31

I am carrying on as normal, so wouldn't avoid flying, no.
You are not being totally paranoid - you are perfectly normal to worry about your child's health. However, we cannot live in isolation, so I think you just have to carry on.

Hulababy Sun 26-Jul-09 19:32:09

I would carry on as normal.

We (me, DH and 7y DD) are flying to Florida for a fortnight of Dinsey parks on Tuesday. Nothing like SF is going to stop us!!!

minkybetty Sun 26-Jul-09 19:39:38

Thanks v much - you are all right - actually probably safer in France anyway

mammy2b Sun 26-Jul-09 20:23:09

minkybetty I think your absolutly right to be concerned! Obviously try not to let it take over you life but Im 5 months pregnant and scared to death about catching it for the babys sake and just dont know what to do I try really not to go out unless I have to but thats abit over the top but just so scared. I personly would hold off going to France for about because of all the people on planes and airports.. all the best whatever you decide to do.

minkybetty Sun 26-Jul-09 20:57:52

Hmm that's what I thought - I can just picture all those bugs coming down the aircon on the plane!! Having said that, the stress of thinking about is probably far worse and maybe we shouldn't worry about it!!??
I live in London and have started cycling to work so that I don't have to travel on the tube 3 days a week ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now