Talk

Advanced search

Babywearer's - Anyone with a Wilkinet?

(6 Posts)
Treadmillmom Sat 25-Jul-09 22:54:35

DC3 10 mths old and just purchased a Wilkinet from a NCT sale. I wear her on my back if she pines for me whilst doing housework etc.
It's easy to put on and initially she seems comfy but what can I do to stop her slipping down?
She ends up in a position where the side of her face is stuck between my shoulder blades and she cannot turn her head and I swear her breaths sound shallow (okay I guess I'm being dramatic), to me anyway.
Any tips?

mollymawk Sat 25-Jul-09 22:57:53

I had one of these but never used it for having baby on my back (so useless for answering your actual question!) but found I could carry the baby on my front, facing outwards until they were quite heavy. Could you do that? Or does it make doing the washing up too difficult?!

mrsgboring Sat 25-Jul-09 22:58:00

Not a big Wilki user but it sounds like you're not tying tight enough. You need to pull the straps as tight as you can whilst tying them. Also, once you have the straps threaded through the loops, pull them tight while gently jogging up and down to settle her position as you're tying.

TheProvincialLady Sat 25-Jul-09 23:01:45

Yes def tie much tighter, though I still found with DS1 that he would always slip down so I started off with him too high in anticipation.

Stayingsunnygirl Sat 25-Jul-09 23:36:51

I used a wilkinet with all three of the dses (we called ours 'the alien' because of how it looked all spread out before you put the baby in it). I never used it on my back, but it would seem logical that you might need to tie it a little tighter - it does seem to be one of those things that gets easier with practice.

Loopymumsy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:21:05

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now