Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How have your dc(s) surprised you today?

(13 Posts)
dilemma456 Sat 25-Jul-09 22:35:00

Message withdrawn

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 22:42:23

dd anticipated what was under the flap of the next page of her Spot book today.This sounds like nothing but she has developmental delay and I felt she would always "Live in the moment" if that makes sense.She has also played with her brio train set making appropriate "brring" train noises pushing it along the track...BIG BREAKTHROUGH!!!

DS has read me a book (simple) quite fluently.It is lovely.His reading has just suddenly "Come together" and taken off.

LeninGrad Sat 25-Jul-09 22:44:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Heathcliffscathy Sat 25-Jul-09 22:44:56

by using the phrase 'foul stench'

he is five.

FAQtothefuture Sat 25-Jul-09 22:46:55

DS1 (8) did a fantastic job with the vanish carpet spray attacking all of the horrible black marks on the carpet.

DS3 (2.2) said "you gorgeous" as I was about to head into the bathroom for a shower this morning

DS2 didn't finish his dinner tonight and said he was stuffed <<<<<<<faints at that one>>>>>>>>

artichokes Sat 25-Jul-09 22:47:59

By telling me she had a "winky like a boy" and pulling her pants down on the Tube in order to show me...

PandaG Sat 25-Jul-09 22:49:51

we had curry for tea. DS was very appreciative of my cooking, and particularly pleased I'd bought poppadums and naan to go with.

A little while later I trumped, then immediately after DH did. DS pipes up, 'oh, a wind band!' we laughed rather a lot! grin

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 22:50:09

lol at Artichokes and top marks to Sophable ds for command of the English language,am loving foul stench!

plonker Sat 25-Jul-09 22:50:57

Dd3 - By coming up to me totally unprompted, putting her little arms around my neck and saying "I love you mummy"

...she's just turned 2

[feeling loved]

Dd1 - by helping me, again totally unprompted, to bring the washing in shock smile

She's 9

[feeling suspicious]

wrinklytum Sat 25-Jul-09 22:51:20

Wind band also very funny,lol.

MollieO Sat 25-Jul-09 22:57:08

Ds (5) went up to birthday party boy's dad and said 'thank you for a lovely party'. Completely unprompted and made me feel very proud smile.

MadEyeballsMoody Sat 25-Jul-09 23:04:39

DD (18 months) has been a little sweetheart all day. She is usually the child from hell, doesn't like me very much during daylight hours, tantrums, poker back when getting into car set etc.

Today she woke me up with a kiss and cuddle, has been very affectionate all day and we had a lovely trip round Sainsbos making faces and chatting. I like being a mummy today, can't always say that.

Spottyotter Sun 26-Jul-09 21:36:22

Cleared the table . Twice today. Without ever been shown how to do it or even asked. He is only 2.5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now