Talk

Advanced search

Forehead cuts and bumps

(11 Posts)
sazzerbear Sat 25-Jul-09 20:53:16

DS (just over 2) fell and cut his forehead today which meant trip to a&e to get it fixed up. Nurse said he would have a little thin scar and, although it was unavoidable, I feel terrible, just wish it hadn't happened and he wouldn't have a scar on his gorgeous little face. Please tell me this is common and I am not alone! sad

kiltycoldbum Sat 25-Jul-09 20:56:39

omg my 18mnth old permanately has a bruise on his forehead somewhere or other from chucking himself about constantly with absolutely no regard for concrete, wooden floors or being a foot off the ground, it is a nightmare, my heart is pretty much constantly in my mouth as i wait to see if he's gone so far as to break some part of himself! though we've not actually hd a cut yet, only a matter of time i imgine!

sazzerbear Sun 26-Jul-09 09:10:53

thanks Kilty grin

sazzerbear Sun 26-Jul-09 18:58:52

bump surely this has happened to someone else?!

nellie12 Sun 26-Jul-09 19:11:22

happened to me when I was 5. the scar is still there but you have to know about it and I never had a fringe when a teen or in 20's.

Bio-oil is reputed to be good for reducing scars. hth

sazzerbear Sun 26-Jul-09 19:14:56

thanks Nellie, will bear that in mind, hopefully the scar won't be too bad!

morethanyoubargainfor Sun 26-Jul-09 19:18:46

happened to my DS on his 3rd birthday, yes at his party! Had a 4 inch cut that needed oddles of stiches (and alot of people to hold him down sad) he now has a neat little 2 inch scar covered in freckles that he is quite proud of! he will be 7 in a couple of months.

I felt terrible for lots of reasons and still see a blood soaked child being handed to me sad. i get especially nervous around his birthday time and organize his parties very carefully. he was very upset at missing his 3rd party (as he did it with 90 mins left!)

I am just waiting for the other side to burst open as he has hydrocelphalus and is always bumping his head on the same spot so has a hard lump on the other side. that is how that one burst open, he just fell on it once too often.

You aren't alone, but if you don't make a big deal about it now it shouldn't be an issue. I know it is hard, but don't blame yourself.

sazzerbear Sun 26-Jul-09 19:24:51

Oh Morethanyou, what a terrible birthday for you all! Glad he's proud of it now! I know it will be OK, I need to get a grip as it could have been a lot worse! Boys!!! smile

morethanyoubargainfor Sun 26-Jul-09 21:02:41

I don't think it has anything to do with boys as i am exactly the same! my dh has always said he had never been in a hospital until he met me and now he has to go atleast 3 times a year! grin LAst year i ended up on our walking holiday in the south of france in a wheelchair as i broke my ankle a couple of weeks before we left, and the holiday before that i had an accident with my horse and also ended up on crutches for our holiday with a badly broken foot! grin

Do you see the pattern forming between us?

sazzerbear Sun 26-Jul-09 21:08:04

Ah yes, serves me right for being gender specific! grin

dm623 Tue 28-Jul-09 15:26:00

You are certainly not alone, as nearly any parent can attest- but that doesn't necessarily make it easier when it's your own baby! Here is a web site tip: www.aftertheinjury.org. It is from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and has lots of tips for parents who are going through an experience like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now