Talk

Advanced search

Three-year-old boys. They're a challenge aren't they?

(7 Posts)
thegingerwhinger Sat 25-Jul-09 19:14:03

Probably no more then three-year-old girls but I've yet to experience that delight (I'll be there in another two years!)

But my boy. My goodness! The not listening, the defiance, the whizzing around everywhere like a whirlwind...it's just all getting too much! I ended up getting really shouty today which I hate but I was so at the end of my tether. It was the bathroom full of poo-smeared toilet paper that did it. angry

If he does something wrong I try to talk to him to tell him, but he looks everywhere but at me, and he swings his arms and shakes his head. I hate not being listened to! And I get really annoyed because he's just not bothered about being told off. Nor is he bothered about having toys taken away.

I love the bones of him but my goodness, he pushes me to the limit!

Does it sound familiar?

nickytwotimes Sat 25-Jul-09 19:19:18

They are a nightmare, aren't they?
My ds is 3 tomorrow and is an, ahem, handful. Sometimes he is an absolute delight, but you never know what you are getting when you get up, do you?
Mine is still bothered by a row, but no doubt that'll wear off... wink
Sympathies for the poo incident. Sounds awful. I get shouty too.

LeninGrad Sat 25-Jul-09 19:20:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missmapp Sat 25-Jul-09 19:22:19

Ds1 is 4 and has calmed down alot, so it does get better!! Ive been talking to friends with dds ( 2 boys here!) and I think the main differnece is that girls are mentally more tiring ( constant chatter and reasoning with them) and boys are physically more tiring. Im hoping that when ds1 starts school, he'll start to slow down a bit!!

nickytwotimes Sat 25-Jul-09 19:23:58

missmap, my ds is mentally tiring, not physically.
Poor soul has inherited my lack of physical prowess. grin

thegingerwhinger Sat 25-Jul-09 19:28:54

Yep. I#d say he's both physically and mentally tiring. Although, maybe when dd gets to his age I'll realise that, actually, he was easy!

Oh I do hope not!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 25-Jul-09 19:31:49

DS is 3 next Friday - he is a lovely lad, but knackering to be around, both mentally and physically. Has to be on the go all the time, also likes to give a running commentary on EVERYTHING.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now