Talk

Advanced search

My ds is so snappy and angry all of the time

(9 Posts)
crazyashell Fri 24-Jul-09 20:59:16

I am finding him so difficult all of the time and have began to wonder if I have brought him up all wrong.
He will never do as he is told without a big fight and a screaming match it can be anything from asking him to put something in the bin, to asking him to have a wash or go to bed anything it turns into one hard long argument as he is so stubborn and moody about everything.
He is constantly back chatting and will give out little taps to me and I will tell him off for that and he will come back at me with more anger.
His favourite word at the moment is dip/div/dipstick.
He also expects me and his dad to immediately stop talking and give our full atnetion to him when he wants to talk instead of waiting for his turn and he will scream out to get our attention.
I have really flipped at times with him and it has ended with him in tears.
His is eight and he seems to be getting worse of late and I honestly don,t know how he is going to turn out.
Another problem as well is that he cannot play any of his wii games or computer games without throwing a major wobbly if he can,t complete a task and his behaviour towards me and his da is appalling if we try to help and also have difficulty his wii has been banned many times.
He will tut and moan about the slightest thing he is asked to do and I am at the end of my tether.
Is this normal and will he grow out of this as at the moment I am not enjoying my child and he is going to be my only shot at motherhood was sort of hoping it would be a nice experience.

TurtleAnn Fri 24-Jul-09 21:28:06

How old?

Marthasmama Fri 24-Jul-09 21:33:35

Crazy - sounds like my ds when he's over-tired. HE's 6 next week and he sounds very similar. He is a total smart-arse, he back-chats, he throws wobblers about everything. In short, it could have been me writing your post. But, his behaviour improves dramatically when he has the sleep he needs. We have been getting him to bed earlier as he tends to spend a lot of time playing in his bed with his toys when he should be getting to sleep. For the past few days he has been much better.

crazyashell Fri 24-Jul-09 22:21:04

He is 8 and I doubt he will live to 9
I do suspect some of it is to do with tiredness.
I want to have a good relationship with my ds but I just seem to be at loggerheads all of the time with him and it dissapoints me.

Marthasmama Fri 24-Jul-09 22:24:58

Try getting him to bed earlier. I know it sounds like an over simplistic idea, but it really works with our boy. He's still be an typical monster boy, but he's been much more bearable.

crazyashell Fri 24-Jul-09 22:38:54

Thanks Martha he has been having some late nights maybe they have taken their toll.
Its such a battle even getting him to go to bed but I suppose I will have to ride it out.
I have got him into bed early tonight as I could clearly see he was tired so he has been in bed since 7.30pm it wasn,t without a battle though.
Everytime he lets out a moan now I feel as though I have no strengh left for another battle thats how bad its got me.
Okay I am going to make a determined effort to get him to bed earlier for a whole week to see if he is any better.

Marthasmama Fri 24-Jul-09 22:55:23

Good luck and I know exactly how you feel. There are times that I really don't know what to do with ds and feel like driving into a forest and leaving him there! I hope the extra sleep helps, even if all it does is gives you some extra evening time!

Insanity Sat 25-Jul-09 16:28:40

That could be my ds you are describing there! My ds is also 8, but I remember my nephews going through this stage too.

My ds is very moody and sulky, even ran away the other day.....sat on the front door step for 10 minutes moaning and mumbling about me, before he decided living with me was better than living on the streets grin

I am hoping it is just one of those age stages he is going through and he will come out the other side my loving funny son again!

It is like he has a load of hormones raging through his body, think permanent pmt!

Im sure your son will turn out fine and that it is quite normal for boys of this sort of age (well google said it was grin )!!

2greatboys Sun 26-Jul-09 18:56:50

You could be describing my DS too! He is also 8 and very highly strung at the moment. I'm hoping that the break from school will do him good. The worst thing is his behaviour is rubbing off on my other DS who is 5.

MN is so reasuring, as at least I know its not just my DSs smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now