Talk

Advanced search

10 yr old and 13 yr old in the school holidays...help!

(3 Posts)
cheeryface Wed 22-Jul-09 20:43:31

they are bored already! ds1 just bloody grunts if i suggest he phone a friend..hes really busy when at school stays behind with friends every night doing various things but come the holidays and hes a total couch potato!
i dont know what i can do to amuse them / give them a good holidays. we arent going away due to things being really rotten between me and dp and i dont drive.
anyone else with similar aged kids tell me what you do ?
i am feeling a bit isolated tbh

lostitoday Wed 22-Jul-09 21:15:50

Is there no free activities going on near you what about a playscheme.
Could you arrange for a friend to come rather than trying to get him to phone.

marmoset Sat 25-Jul-09 22:11:49

Hello cheeryface - not sure if you'll pick this up but my boys are 11 and 12 and I feel as if Kevin and Perry from the old Harry Enfield shows have moved in. I usually have them signed up for football classes and all sorts in the holidays but this year, I'm on Maternity leave so thought it would be nice to have them at home (hah - big mistake!)
I have come to the conclusion that they are too old for me to amuse them and that they need to learn to do that for themselves now. I am trying to keep a structure to their day (Get Up by 10am!!!!) and do a couple of jobs like walk the dog but otherwise let them find their own way. Are you brave enough to let the 13 year old redecorate his bedroom? That could take up a lot of time but would need a cool head and lots of dust sheets....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now