Talk

Advanced search

rainy day activities with 18 month old

(3 Posts)
IREALLYDONTCARE Tue 21-Jul-09 20:38:02

I need rainy day ideas for an 18 month old who gets bored really easily. We do go to playgroups but its really in the evenings when I struggle to keep her amused.

I try painting, drawing, water play and reading books but like I said she gets bored easily and I always seem to resort to Cbeebies!

Please give your rainy day tips!

jkklpu Tue 21-Jul-09 20:43:36

puzzles, bricks, duplo, sticking pictures on to paper cut out of magazines/papers, singing with clapping and other actions, bouncing on the bed, describing what you can see out of the window, eg green van, man in a hat pushing a buggy, stripey cat climbing a fence, helping to sort the washing as a game (!)

januarysnowdrop Wed 22-Jul-09 14:04:08

Rainy days? Put on waterproofs and wellies and go outside to jump in puddles!

My dd1 became obsessed with beads at that age - I bought a whole load from Oxfam and she used to dress up in them & put them on her teddy bears. Has to be supervised, obviously, otherwise she'd have garotted herself, but she did love it. Dressing up generally - I let her play with old scarves/hats/handbags, that sort of thing. Put a mirror at child's height so she can admire the results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now