Talk

Advanced search

Lost my temper with DD

(6 Posts)
dilemma456 Mon 20-Jul-09 10:00:21

Message withdrawn

wed99 Mon 20-Jul-09 11:10:01

Sorry you have had a bad morning. You did the right thing in putting her into her room and walking away.
My youngest used to be exactly the same- my DH also works away alot of the time and I know how you feel about just needing a hug and someone to help fight the battles.
My DD used to refuse to get dressed and we used to have the same running battles until one morning I told her if she didn't get dressed I would take her to nursery in her pyjamas. She refused to get dressed still so I carried her kicking and screaming to the car and drove to nursery.
She was so shocked that she apologised and we had a little hug. I had her clothes in the car and dhe got changed and went into nursery.
After that I used to give her the choice of 2 outfits to put on so she felt like she had a choice and a say in what she was wearing, and that really seemed to help.

ramblingmum Mon 20-Jul-09 13:46:19

Just to say I know how you feel. DD 2.8 decided that she had to get out of the cot herself , then slipped and cried. Next was the constant fussing and changing her mind over getting dressed, which ended with me putting her back in the cot screaming. Breakfast was no more sucsesful. I too felt like hitting her but took it out on a cupboard door, so now i need to mend that. My Dd response to this was to say "Mummy tired" and then chear up and eat her breakfast

sweetfall Mon 20-Jul-09 13:50:27

Why so ashamed? - she pushed you and pushed you and learned that she can only push so far. Good lesson for a child particularly as an apology fixed it.

Personally I would have put her in her room, close the door and sat outside holding it shut until her tantrum broke - you can then open the door and say "when you calm down" "when you do what Mummy has asked". I have never held with 'she refused to stay in her room'

She was being a challenging brat! You are being a parent.

Kids need parents who will lose their tempers and be normal with them IMO

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 20-Jul-09 15:39:10

Message withdrawn

bigchris Mon 20-Jul-09 15:44:01

how old is she?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now