Talk

Advanced search

The perfect mother character?

(9 Posts)
SevernTrentWater Sun 19-Jul-09 01:29:19

what is the perfect mother? I mean, not literally, but if you were making a characature, that kind of woman everyone says 'she's so maternal', like some kind of madonna figure, 'you should have children, you'd be a wonderful mother'?. Does she have a complete shelf of baby care manuals before the baby has even arrived? What are this woman's defining characteristics?

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 01:31:43

she doesn't exist. I haven';t even heard the myth wink

MaureenMLove Sun 19-Jul-09 01:33:21

Well, to start with, she wouldn't have a shelf of manuals! She'd be so good at it, she would instincitively know what to do!

gigglewitch Sun 19-Jul-09 01:34:45

omg. she defo doesn't exist then grin

thumbwitch Sun 19-Jul-09 01:35:08

lol GW!

The perfect mum - is the one you have when you are tiny and she cares for your every need; you are wonderful in her eyes and although you might do wrong she will always forgive, love and support you. You will always be able to go to her for a hug or comfort when things are bad, and she will always give it to you, along with any necessary advice or shake-awakes.

That's my ideal anyway. I don't think baby care manuals come into it, just lots of love.

HolyScrotum Sun 19-Jul-09 01:37:29

Endless patience, completely selfless, calm, practical and happy-go-lucky.
Farmers wife type.
Dont know if she exists.

BitOfFun Sun 19-Jul-09 02:02:10

The image of the perfect mother needs the perfect child...My idea of a calm dignified lady falls apart faced with the reality of an autistic scamp who is liable to poo in your petunias grin

thumbwitch Sun 19-Jul-09 02:06:51

BoF- sorry, just pmsl at your poo in the petunias bit - really? oh dear....

BitOfFun Sun 19-Jul-09 02:17:44

Oh that would be the least of it...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now