Talk

Advanced search

Where will your children remember you?

(12 Posts)
PrettyCandles Fri 17-Jul-09 22:12:50

And where do you remember your mum?

What immediately springs to mind when I think of my mum in my childhood, is her gardening, or at her sewing table, or surrounded by piles of stuff at the dining table (which she used as her office when she worked from home).

I think my dc will remember me in the kitchen, because whenever we come home I head straight for it, and have to just get this on, or that prepared, etc etc, before I can play with them.

random Fri 17-Jul-09 22:14:08

Mine will remember me in front of the computer grin

mrsruffallo Fri 17-Jul-09 22:15:16

On MN according to my 6 yr old
She regularly cries "Not mumsnet again!" blush

paisleyleaf Fri 17-Jul-09 22:16:13

Kitchen's good
I remember my mum from pushing the pram and me holding the handle walking along beside
and I have a feeling DD will remember the back of my head, driving

norksinmywaistband Fri 17-Jul-09 22:16:46

Mine will probably remember me on the phone or computer blush
But better than my mum as I remember her in the pub

skinupyacunt Fri 17-Jul-09 22:18:57

I remember my mum in the kitchen mostly.

I don't know where dd will remember me. Maybe in bed since she seems to have taken up permanent residence in there with me hmm I do have days where I think, ooo I hope she will remember this and now she is 5 I hope she does remember what great times we have together. I managed to rope in a friend to babysit ds today so I could take dd to the cinema which is somehting we used to do a lot before ds was born. He's too wiggly to take in a sling now, which we did for about 4 or 5 months after he was born, so it was very special to be able to go there, just the two of us and put my feet up on the next chair and have her on my lap under her blanket. The thing about my mum is that she had 5 children to look after and as a consequence I don't think she ever had enough time for all of us. I hope that won't be the case with my dc.

Bumperslucious Fri 17-Jul-09 23:01:46

Um, DD will remember me on the computer blush she says 'Off computer mummy' (she is 2yr) blush. In fairness I've been ill this week.

I don't know what I remember about my mum. I do have distinctive memories of her getting trollied on martini while getting ready to go out dating wearing very short lycra minis and fishnets. And I always remember her with a cigarette. Or coming back from a nightshift with a kinder egg for us each.

Now though, my memories are of my mum on the floor playing with DD which is nice.

cory Sat 18-Jul-09 09:06:10

I remember my Mum either in the kitchen or by the table lamp doing her embroidery.

My children will remember me on the computer but also I think in the kitchen.

Acinonyx Sat 18-Jul-09 11:14:41

I remember my mum in the kitchen or, mostly, in her arm chair watching TV.

Dd will remember me in the kitchen and on the pc - 'just checking my messages'.

I remember my hanging out the washing, she was always doing it, but I am the eldest of 6 children (4 of them were mucky boys). One of my best memories is of her is playing rounders on many of our camping trips, she is useless at running grin.

I hope my DCs will remember having lots of fun with them.

pispirispis Sun 19-Jul-09 10:46:35

I remember my mum on the sofa with her feet up in front of the telly watching Coronation St or Eastenders and eating loads of Golden Wonder ready salted crisps. And saying "ssshhhh" every time I tried to talk.

To be fair, I did talk a lot grin

PrettyCandles Thu 23-Jul-09 08:47:46

LOL pispirispis! I remember my Dad shusshing us as soon as the bongs went for the 9 o'clock news, ad at the begining of every piece. He didn't even wait for us to talk. Pissed us off so much - why not give us the benefit fo the tdoubt, and the chance to not talk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now