Talk

Advanced search

Babywearers - how do you carry your stuff?!

(12 Posts)
malloo Fri 17-Jul-09 16:51:27

especially if you're carrying your baby on your back? Both me and dd (5 months) love going out with the sling and I don't find her heavy but once you have all the usual stuff to carry (nappies, spare clothes, purse, keys, water, snack for ds etc etc..) it's not that great and means you're a bit stuck if you want to buy anything at the shops while you're out, go to the library etc. because you end up looking (and feeling)like a pack horse! If I go into town I usually take the buggy as well which seems to defeat the purpose a bit!! I'm quite fancying a sling that can do back carries as well but then I couldn't wear a rucksack for the stuff. What do other people do?

CMOTdibbler Fri 17-Jul-09 16:53:55

I use a long strapped messenger bag, which works really well.

If I intended to do big shopping or go to the library, I'd have a rucksack on my back and DS on the front. Or use the framed carrier as it's got lots of storage

daisy99divine Fri 17-Jul-09 16:54:21

when DS was on my front I just had pockets with things in - and there was a pocket on the sling but I never carried much - a spare nappy in the pocket my stuff in my pockets - I never have a handbag

When DS is in the back, I had a great backpack which has a compartment at the bottom iyswim - tons of room for all needs - even been on hols with that as only luggage - it's a little life

don't take buggy as you say it defeats the whole "i'm out and free" feeling!

babyphat Fri 17-Jul-09 17:17:49

i just have a cheap cotton shopping bag with a nappy or two in, that i carry over my shoulder, works alright for me - if shopping, one on each shoulder and looking like a pack horse!

bronze Fri 17-Jul-09 17:18:53

sling a bag over my shoulder

missfitt Fri 17-Jul-09 17:25:35

i have s long strapped handbag which can carry 2 spare nappies, some wipes in a ziplock bag, some snacks for dd1 etc keys wallet etc. it can hold an A4 sized ring binder but nothing else.

it is a radley bag bought 5 yrs ago before they realised the real money was in making chi-chi handbags.

pispirispis Fri 17-Jul-09 17:27:30

I sometimes wear a small rucksack on my front and def look like a pack horse!

TurtleAnn Fri 17-Jul-09 19:26:40

take husband

Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 19:35:14

I was going to post the exact same question!

JackBauer Fri 17-Jul-09 20:12:29

I have an onbag, which is basically a long strapped bag but with 2 straps so you can tie it on/around you.
I normally wear it as a rucksack but under DD's bum, or a messenger bag style on one side if I will be ina nd out of it.

Any long strapped bag is fine but better if it has fabric straps rather than webbing as then it won't cut into legs/leave marks on head when they fall asleep on strapgrin

Loopymumsy Fri 17-Jul-09 21:24:13

Message withdrawn

malloo Sat 18-Jul-09 12:01:26

thanks for the ideas! off to experiment with different bags and dig out my shopping trolley, can't believe I didn't think of that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now