Talk

Advanced search

Best ideas for a rainy day?

(8 Posts)
scribblehead Fri 17-Jul-09 16:42:47

Ok so getting out the house is good but what about the rainy days when there are still hours and hours left to fill? We've gone out, we've done craft, we've done baking, we've done cbeebies. DS1,(nearly 3) is now entertaining himself by repeatedly trying to squash/ poke DS2, (nearly 1). Any ideas?

bargainhuntingbetty Fri 17-Jul-09 16:45:34

Put wellies on and play in the puddles??? Make up a game in thhe livingrroom with cushions as rocks to pass over the river???? Get some lining paper and draw around ds and get hhim to draw himself in (I didd this with my dd's yesterday)??? Have a carpet picnic????

scribblehead Fri 17-Jul-09 16:56:17

Thanks bargainhunting - will try the cushions. Just run low on ideas and energy. My brain feels like marshmallow despite a caffine injection and am losing the will to drag myself away from pc.

scribblehead Fri 17-Jul-09 16:58:02

OMG it's so dirty under the sofa cushions!!

Othersideofthechannel Fri 17-Jul-09 16:59:15

Painting followed by body painting followed by 'washing up' the painting stuff followed by a bath used to take up the whole morning when my DCs were that age.

scribblehead Fri 17-Jul-09 17:14:26

Is this a MN conspiracy to trash my house!! DS1 is now trying to squash DS2 from the top of a tower of cushions while DS2 eats rubbish from under sofa cushions and you want me to add paint and water to the mix!

Only joshing. Will do paint tom if still raining.

Reesie Fri 17-Jul-09 21:11:12

Go to the local soft play area?

Gateau Mon 20-Jul-09 11:44:05

Not a big fan of soft play centres but they do come in handy for days like this. or the swimming pool? They burn off tons of energy and leave your house - relatively - intact!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now