Talk

Advanced search

So, it's raining again. How are you going to fill your day if not at work?

(24 Posts)
beatie Fri 20-May-05 08:05:46

Any ieas? I'm sick of my four walls.

fairydust Fri 20-May-05 08:07:00

house work this morning - then taking dd to nursery this afternoon then off to lunch with frineds.

elsmommy Fri 20-May-05 08:10:10

I'm going into birmingham to see some friends I used to work with!!
They haven't seen dd since she was tiny. Should be good.
Its brightened up here now

hermykne Fri 20-May-05 08:10:15

have just been looking up kids rain gear - trousers- so i can let them outside anyway to play!

elibelly Fri 20-May-05 08:14:58

When it's raining and I have the kids I head off to an indoor soft play area, are there any near you? It depends on the age of your kids, my 4 year old never says no to going to the cinema or going out to lunch (usually Pizza Hut, both my littlies love it). All these things do cost money though. Have you any friends nearby at home with their kids so you could pop round for tea and a chat while the kids all play together?

ssd Fri 20-May-05 08:16:52

School and nursery today.

I feel a bit cr*p today, been awake since 5 when ds2 came into my bed and peed it.....

Will try to catch up on sleep later, need to go to Asda but sick of the sight of the place.....

triceratops Fri 20-May-05 08:16:53

soft play, garden centre, museums, galleries, cafes, library? We are going to the pram service at church this afternoon.

ssd Fri 20-May-05 08:18:00

what's a pram service?

triceratops Fri 20-May-05 08:24:41

A pram service is very much like a play group only all the mums are nice to you as it is run by the church youth worker (so everyone is on best behaviour and attempting to be "christian") and we say prayers in the middle. And the story usually has a bible theme. We really enjoy it.

beatie Fri 20-May-05 08:34:54

We could go to the museum to fill up some time. DD is 2y 6m, so, she doesn't care so much for it, but there are sometimes child orientated exhibitions on. Good idea.

I'm pregnant so soft play area is out of bounds - as is anything which requires much effort or energy. I'd usually happily walk in the rain but can't walk too far at the moment. Oh Sigh! Where is Spring?

flamesparrow Fri 20-May-05 08:37:11

I'm curling up in a small ball, and wanting to be a boy.

I'm cuddling a toddler with a broken arm.

Oh, and I've got a DP who's going to be coming home early which means I can catch up on a teeny bit of sleep.

Not much help to you though

LGJ Fri 20-May-05 08:41:08

Dropping DS to Playschool.

Going to the gym.

Then collecting DS and having lunch.

Taking DS to the creche at the gym for an hour, so he can have a play and I can have a coffee and read a paper from cover to cover.

Then.............................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh somebody help me

flamesparrow Fri 20-May-05 08:42:29

I'm thinking that Creche's won't take kids in plaster will they?

starshaker Fri 20-May-05 08:42:51

its a really nice day here so im going shopping for an outfit for our first family photo and think i might get my hair done too

Tommy Fri 20-May-05 08:43:51

Got to go out in this huge downpour to take DS1 to nursery school which I will be very happy to do as he's been up since 5.30.
Tescos
Drive around this afternoon so DS1 will go to sleep and definitely find someone to visit!

Hulababy Fri 20-May-05 08:44:25

No rain here yet.

My day off today, and we are off to stay with friends in Surrey for the weekend tonight. They are expecting their first baby in four weeks!

So today - doing some washing and will pack weekend bags, have a tidy round too. Must remember to go to PO to collect a parcel too. Then maybe a mooch round town - for a walk with DD. Not much TBH. It is my day off (well, one of them) after all!

Nemo1977 Fri 20-May-05 08:45:55

lovely here compared to past 3 days. We are off to tots this morning followed by going shopping for clothews for my ever expanding waist and meeting a friend for lunch.

beatie Fri 20-May-05 09:43:58

It seems like I need to move to another part of the country. Normally I do chores on a Friday and get the house sorted and clean for the weekend - but the wether forecast is for rain all weekend so there will be plenty of time to tidy up, mess up and tidy up the house over the weekend

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 10:10:46

suns come out here so (after max and ruby of course!!) i will take dd for a little walk(she's still poorly) to chemist for some dry shampoo and some milky way magic stars

Thomcat Fri 20-May-05 10:20:10

This morning she's playing on her own for a while, while I do some chores, then we'll pop to Sainsburys and have our usual lunch out together somewhere, we like to be ladies who lunch on Fridays, and then we'll go Horseriding, unless it really chucks it down, we'll cope with a drizzle. Then over to nana's and we'll have a play there and tea and then I'll leave her for a night at nana's while D and I go out for dinner and have a lie in tomorrow, then we'll pick her up and go to a fete attached to the cschool I want her to go to when she's 5.

katierocket Fri 20-May-05 10:20:46

sunny here (manchester - that's got to be a first!)

Mud Fri 20-May-05 10:22:13

thought this was another 'how unworthy is the life of a SAHM thread'

beatie Fri 20-May-05 10:47:10

Oh g*d, no! Just looking for some ideas on how to fill my day since I was supposed to be going on a pic nic and it is cancelled. Lunch out is sounding appealing. Or is that too decadent?!

hermykne Fri 20-May-05 12:31:37

be off with you mud (shakespearian accent)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now