Talk

Advanced search

DD! has asked for help but I think I have been rubbish.

(14 Posts)
lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 21:27:19

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 21:35:36

Message withdrawn

TurtleAnn Thu 16-Jul-09 21:36:00

What is the age?
Around 7yrs kids start to realise they need to have best best friends and little girls can get challenging in the classroom when they select their bestest best friend and glue themselves to them. It passes.

If younger, had the little girl of your pal had a recent friendship breakup that has prompted this new need to find a friend.

A good sentence is: 'I want to play with you at lunchtime but I want to read a book for this playtime, see you later'.

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 21:39:19

Message withdrawn

TurtleAnn Thu 16-Jul-09 22:06:03

Try not to worry. When they start Yr1 they will start the social curriculum in class which deals with friendships. Your DD just sounds a bit more advanced than the rest.

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 22:30:27

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 23:12:39

Message withdrawn

bananabrain Thu 16-Jul-09 23:50:03

I think your advice sounds good, she would be kind to the girl but still insist on having her space. Turtleann's way of putting it is also very clear.

hayley2u Fri 17-Jul-09 00:04:26

they usualy splir the reepion classes up for year 1 so maybe mention to the treacher and she can make sure they are split up

lockets Fri 17-Jul-09 00:07:04

Message withdrawn

hayley2u Fri 17-Jul-09 00:22:02

ar ok, well maybe have word with the teacher, the kids usually obey teachers so if you say to her she may just say leave er alone or get busy with something else.im a t.a in primary schools and they are usualy quite structured, the teachers ave many activities and sends a choice over to do different things soshe could make sure dont spend as much time together. hope that makes sense.my comp playing up ha

lockets Fri 17-Jul-09 23:29:04

Message withdrawn

iheartdusty Fri 17-Jul-09 23:34:28

maybe you need to see your friend away from the home, so her DD does not come round quite so much.

your DD sounds fab! You can't be unapproachable, because she has come to you, but she tried to sort it herself first.

iheartdusty Fri 17-Jul-09 23:35:37

just saw that you are having this girl again tomorrow! really, is it time to put the brakes on her coming round to your house?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now