Talk

Advanced search

Jo Jingles classes - any cop?

(6 Posts)
MarthaFarquhar Tue 14-Jul-09 13:28:14

DD used to attend a toddler group where singing and bashing stuff playing music were part of the session. Since moving, I've oddly not found a toddler group that involves singing, which DD loves.

I've found a Jo Jingles group, but the only session on my day off is a good 30min drive each way, so I wanted to hear of experiences before signing up. thanks all.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 14-Jul-09 13:32:51

How old is dd ? Mine is 2.2 and we've recently started going and she loves it. We went to a similar thing when she was much younger and it was a bit of waste of time though.

How involved are you with the toddler groups ? I was discussing the lack of singing with one of the other mums at ours a while ago and ended up sort of running one with her at the end of the session (I use the word "running" very loosely - everyone joins in etc. and it really doesn't take much organising)

CMOTdibbler Tue 14-Jul-09 13:32:53

I don't go to one, but a Jo Jingles class goes to Ds's nursery. He absolutely adores it, and comes back singing on Jo day.

TeaDr1nker Tue 14-Jul-09 13:33:04

Hi there, i took DD (18 months) to Jo Jingles, there was playing with instruments and doing nursery rhymes with actions.

I didn't get a good vibe so never went back, i tried Jabber Jacks and have never looked back, that is a mix of dancing, social skills and music.

Give it a try, if you don't like it, don't go back.

Perfectgangofthree Tue 14-Jul-09 13:44:29

DD and I enjoyed Jo Jingles when she was very little but it was local and I wouldn't have spent an hour in the car to attend it.

MarthaFarquhar Tue 14-Jul-09 13:47:45

thanks all for your thoughts.

I did just check for Jabber Jacks classes, but it turns out the one local to me is on one of my working days . It appears from looking at loads of class timetables that I am the only mother in the North-West who goes into the office on a Friday. Ho-hum.

And re the toddler group - our group leadership is a bit quichey. I think any suggestions of variation to the usual formula would go down like a lead balloon sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now