Talk

Advanced search

PROUD!!!!

(5 Posts)
dot1 Thu 19-May-05 10:26:51

Just wanted to say how proud I am of ds1!! He's 3 1/2 and has always been a very quiet, shy boy and last year dp and I were very worried about how unhappy he seemed at going to nursery - 1 day a week then - he wouldn't talk at all at nursery so the staff had no idea about how bright and wonderful he was and he wouldn't even acknowledge let alone play with any other children. It was all very worrying and it was awful seeing ds1 seeming so sad and alone.

Anyway, he started going to nursery 2 days a week a few months ago and we were really worried it'd be even worse - but he's really come out of his shell!!! The thing I'm sooooooo proud of is that he's got a friend!!!!!! They're such good friends that ds1 even invited him round for tea, and he's been (with his Mum and little brother!) and they had a great time. They're thick as thieves at nursery and it's lovely to see ds1 running around with him and asking us at home if it's a nursery day yet! He now talks to the staff and even stood up the other week and sang a song for them all - utterly unbelievable 6 months ago. The staff are really pleased aswell and say they can't believe the change in him and how much he enjoys the activities and joins in, playing with all the children now!

I'm so pleased and relieved that as he gets bigger he'll throw off some of his shyness and be able to cope OK at school when he starts in a year's time!

RTKangaMummy Thu 19-May-05 10:31:00

That is DEFFO BRILL

My DS was the same when he went to school, OK now.

ghosty Thu 19-May-05 10:39:27

Dot1 ... that is fantastic ... you and Juno must be sooooo proud ... good on DS1 ....

Gobbledigook Thu 19-May-05 10:47:46

That's great Dot1!!

Must admit though, the fact that he only went to nursery for one day and the fact that he was so young probably contributed to his 'shyness'. One day is not really enough for them to feel settled I don't think, particularly if others go more and know each other better.

Plus, it seems that children really start to become 'friends' at around 3.5-4 when they are in the pre-school year or just before.

Ds1 is just 4 and since September he's got a really good circle of proper friends from nursery (that he'd go to tea with etc) but I'd say before that, the friendships weren't strong in the same way.

Anyway, great that your ds is happy! Must be horrible seeing them a bit lonely.

flum Thu 19-May-05 10:49:22

Ohh how lovely , bet it makes you glow all over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now