Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just ordered a tidy books bookcase, does anyone else have one??

(9 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 13-Jul-09 20:41:44

Hi, I just wanted to know if it was easy to assemble and what I'd need to put it together. I'm useless at things like this. blush Also, is it good? My daughter loves books but so often when she choses one, the whole lot fall down. wink

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 14-Jul-09 13:50:54

We've got one. Tis fab. Dcs love it because they can see the front covers of the books.

Very easy to put together. Think the only equipment you'll need is an allen key and a screwdriver, iirc.

frogthistle Tue 14-Jul-09 13:53:38

Yup, we've got one, pretty straighforward from memory to assemble. You'll need rawlplugs & strong wallscrews as I don't think the pack provides those & you will need to attach it to a wall.

I think we've had ours for nearly three years & my two have found it very accessible, particularly the little chunky & big picture books the pre-schoolers like. They're 5 & 2 for info.

I can see a time where we might sell it on as the next stage books 'Roald Dahl, Laura Ingalls Wilder, bad joke books' etc sit better on a proper book shelf but that's still in the future.

You can store about 50+ books in it, depends on their size.

HTH

bodiddly Tue 14-Jul-09 14:04:33

We bought one to have in our kitchen for ds' books etc when he was younger. He is now 4 and most of his books have moved upstairs but is now used for his colouring books, paints, pencil case etc - it is fantastic!

Gateau Tue 14-Jul-09 14:35:10

Yiu've got me interested now; can anyone provide a link?

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 14-Jul-09 16:45:54

tidy bookcase. Seem to recall that ours was a lot cheaper than this from somewhere else - worth googling or checking old threads on here.

Ours isn't attached to the wall.

mummyloveslucy Tue 14-Jul-09 19:00:25

Thanks everyone, it arrived today. It's fantastic! I put it together by myself (so anyone can do it) grin
It isn't attached to the wall yet as we don't have a drill or whatever you need to do it.
My daughter loves it and I think it's going to be a fantastic buy, anything to enhance her love of books has got to be worth it.
It looks great in her room too. (we've got the pale pink one)
Would definatly recommend it. smile

frogthistle Wed 15-Jul-09 15:35:45

They didn't do pink ones when I bought ours, hmmm, *muses on replacing/adding one* ...

pranma Wed 15-Jul-09 22:04:45

I bought one with canvas slings[GLTC]and it is a great success[sorry cant do links]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now