Talk

Advanced search

Should i convert my 21 month olds cot to a bed?

(5 Posts)
diddle Mon 13-Jul-09 19:57:10

he has just learnt to climb out, and does so every time he's put in which measn that tonight i have put him back in around 13 times already, if his cot was a bd he could do it himself.
Do you think i should or should i encourage him to stay in his cot?

choufleur Mon 13-Jul-09 19:58:43

we switched ds to a bed about the same age as i worried about him climbing out of his cot and falling. he was fine going into a bed - we just put a bed guard up to stop him falling.

slimyak Tue 14-Jul-09 12:53:48

Our DD was in a bed at 22 months. Never tried to climb out of her cot but had bed envey when we went to a friends for the weekend and she was in a travel cot. Loves her bed but strangely doesn't get out of it in the morning, just shouts for us like she did when she was in her cot. We have a bed rail/guard too, just at the top half of the bed just in case.

nappyaddict Tue 21-Jul-09 01:56:05

Just make sure you put a gate on the door else you'll end up taking him back to his room a million times a night!

littleboyblue Tue 21-Jul-09 02:11:30

We took my ds1's off at same age too. Was tricky the first few nights, but soon settled down.
I do sometimes wake up in the night and he has crawled into bed with us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now