Talk

Advanced search

how old

(12 Posts)
starshaker Thu 19-May-05 09:43:20

how old was ur kids when u started going to parent baby groups

compo Thu 19-May-05 09:44:44

Ds was a year old. Tbh I don't think there is much point until they can crawl around and he was a late crawler. I did try one when he was about 4 months but because I just had to sit and hold him I couldn't really talk to the other mums.

starshaker Thu 19-May-05 09:47:09

ok its just im goin mad my dd is 4 weeks and i dont know any1 where i live and its also the middle of nowhere so i cant meet people by going out here

beansmum Thu 19-May-05 09:47:24

Do you mean baby groups or toddler groups? I started taking bean to a mum and baby group when he was 2 weeks old, lots of other tiny babies there and they just all lay on a big mat on the floor while we had coffee.

starshaker Thu 19-May-05 09:48:32

just anything i can get to meet people really

Nemo1977 Thu 19-May-05 09:48:41

Ds was about 4 wks at babymassage and was 4mths at first parent n toddler group. Obviosuly next one will be from couple of weeks as wil take ds just to get out lol

Nemo1977 Thu 19-May-05 09:49:19

starshaker if u have asurestart by u go to them and get a timetable of groups
there should be at least a couple of baby massage groups

ambrosia Thu 19-May-05 10:15:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tipex Thu 19-May-05 17:33:21

does your local NCT do anything for mums with young babies? ours does a weekly tea and chat for pregnant ladies or those with babies under 12m and also a meet up to walk in the local park. Be worth contacting them. You dont have to be a member to go along.

emmatmg Thu 19-May-05 17:37:09

Just weeks old as I was going with the older ds's

roisin Thu 19-May-05 18:05:50

Starshaker, we moved house when I was 38 wks preg with ds1, so I knew no-one. I actually went to a toddler group the week we moved in, to get to know some people; and continued going for the next 3 or 4 years! I took both mine to groups when they were just days old; great way of meeting people and getting out of the house. Babies may not 'benefit' from music groups, toddler groups, etc., but mums certainly can do!

foolysh Fri 20-May-05 22:01:57

Starshaker -- ask your HV if there's a local post-natal group run by the local authority. I made my best mummy friends there, but I had to tell HV that I needed some support before she told me about the post-natal group. They ran them in Loughborough, & here in North Norfolk, so seem widespread.

Back to your question, DS1 was 6 months, I was pretty desperate! I didn't feel like I fit in because he was so little, so I didn't try again until he was about 20 months & I was desperate. Then I fit in perfectly & made some good friends. But everyone will want to coo over your little baby if you go now, that's an opener to getting to know people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now