Talk

Advanced search

What to do with the last few months of maternity leave?

(3 Posts)
hallett Fri 10-Jul-09 13:37:02

hello ladies

My daughter is 9 months old now, and I'm lucky enough to be able to take the whole year off on maternity leave.

It's only now that i feel fully up to speed and recovered from the birth, so just wanted to get your thoughts on things to do with my last few months off work.

I don't won't to waste the time! What do you guys get up to?

happyflower Fri 10-Jul-09 15:23:43

Why not start some swimming classes with your daughter? if you're going back to work part-time you can then keep up the lessons on your day/s off and it gives some continuity. It takes months/years for them to learn to swim and I found it was good to have something planned for one of my days off (always felt a bit brain dead after rushing around at work so nice to have a regular outing planned in advance).

Bettymum Fri 10-Jul-09 15:57:42

Is there anything that needs doing that you just couldn't do when you go back to work? We had some building work done, about 10 days of builders so not too bad, but I couldn't have done it when I was back at work full time. I also did a load of gardening in my last week of leave when DD was doing mornings at nursery to get used to going.
Oh, and lots and lots of cuddles with your DD .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now