Talk

Advanced search

My 'baby' is 5 years old today - gulp!

(9 Posts)
Lucycat Wed 18-May-05 13:01:17

Dd1 is 5 today, and I can't believe how quickly we've got here, it truly doesn't seem 2 minutes since a doctor was quite literally dragging her out of me and now my little girl is a proper 'little person' who wanted a disco ball and a Pop Party CD for her birthday!

Just wanted to share my thoughts really, not expecting a response - and happy birthday to all the other MNers babies today!

p.s does anyone want to swap another 5 year old for my 2 year old 'I DO IT MYSELF' dd?

kama Wed 18-May-05 13:04:12

Message withdrawn

Lucycat Wed 18-May-05 13:13:03

Thanks kama, you have a littley yourself don't you? when people tell you they grow up quickly you don't really believe them, until they come out of school one day and seem to have grown up while they've been in there!

Louise1980 Wed 18-May-05 13:16:34

Lucycat I have a 4yr old ds you an have? He is in the process of eating me through house and home during his growth spurt. He's quite well behaved when hes not hyperactive!

Id throw in a 2yr king of tantrums too, just as a freebie.

coppertop Wed 18-May-05 13:18:59

Happy birthday to your dd1. I know what you mean about how they suddenly seem all grown up. Ds1 will be 5 in a few weeks but seems years older than when he started school last September.

pixel Wed 18-May-05 22:08:03

Snap! My ds is 5 today too. I'm sure he got taller overnight! He wasn't much interested in the presents but loved his Bob the builder birthday cake. So did I, so much for the diet!

Ellbell Wed 18-May-05 23:05:04

Lucycat
My dd was 5 last week, and I just can't believe it. She was so small (long story, but she was just 4lb 12oz at birth) and fragile looking and now she's at school and full of questions about everything and not the smallest in the class by a long way. Aaah, I'm all emotional now!

PS I have an incredibly independent dd2 too. She's 3 now, but has always been an 'I do it myself' girl!

kama Thu 19-May-05 22:18:45

Message withdrawn

hatsoff Thu 19-May-05 22:43:17

dd1 was 5 on Monday. I look at her sometimes and it's almost like I don;t recognise her. And maybe it's a second child thing but dd2 (3 last week)is another adamantly independent little thing. She would rather scream herself sick with frustration trying to get her inside-out coat on than accept help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now