Talk

Advanced search

I want to scream

(2 Posts)
Greatfun Wed 08-Jul-09 13:43:50

No need to reply I just have a need to let off steam. I love my DCs dearly but they are driving me crazy today. All I have heard all day is "mummy, mummy, mummy", I have to repeat everything 50 times to my 3 year old - brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeth.......... I tried to get dressed this morning and half way through the shower the older one is shouting at me up the stairs so I had to get out with unrinsed hair, both DCs were gawping at me whilst I was trying to get dressed and the baby screamed whilst I frantically ran a brush through ny hair so I has some chance of looking half decent, I have choolate smeared all over my cardigan (and only relasied after the nursery run) and can't find a clean top because all I ever do is clean their wee/food/paint stained clothes. My house looks like someone has burgled it as does my car, there is play dough (who the F invented that stuff) stuck in my rug and I see no point in spending precious time in trying to remove it, I haven't had time to eat lunch and to top it all my DH has just blown my carefully laid plans for childcare for my return to work in a few months time so now I have to start again.

Sob, sob, sob.

mulranno Wed 08-Jul-09 18:06:30

Just go with the flow...this time will pass...I had 3 under 3 and found it very stressfull I thought I was a crap mother...but all is fine now they are 10,8,7...and I even went for another one...who is now 3...we have recently noticed that she trashes our house...I have to keep reminding my husband that we have a toddler again. Keep it simple...get out of the house and walk when you can....I NEVER do messy stuff at home...playdo, glitter etc is for either outside or playgroup....not worth the stress...2 mins fun 20 mins clearing up...try and laugh at the absurd situations you find yourself in ...other wise you might cry...or scream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now