Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Budget for school holiday activities

(5 Posts)
chocolatefudgebrownie Mon 06-Jul-09 20:37:57

I would like to know what you budget moneywise for school summer holiday activities, Particularly if you are a SAHM.

mussyhillmum Tue 07-Jul-09 11:29:10

Hi. I try to take advantage of as many "freebies" as possible ie the children's workshops offered by many museums and galleries during the holidays. I keep costs down further with picnic lunches. I usually give them a £1 or £2 to spend in the shop as a reward for good behaviour.

Scorps Tue 07-Jul-09 11:30:32

We try to do mostly free activities, but have a day out about once a week, £40 ish, for me and 3 dc. I always check the paper or ebay for vouchers.

ChopsTheDuck Tue 07-Jul-09 11:32:43

Ive budgeted £100 for the three weeks we are at home. I normally book bowling first thing in the mornings on a special offer for a penny for some days. The cinemas usually have kids club where adults go free for older films, and lots of trips to the park/ paddling pools, bug hunts in the woods, etc.

Everhopeful Fri 10-Jul-09 00:39:14

Tesco days out vouchers are fab too. Nectar getting better, but not quite as easy yet though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now